Excellent opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer (Java) based in Belfast
As we continue to grow our Digital team in Belfast we’re searching for talented Senior Software Engineers (Java) to join us in our Innovation Hub where you’ll be working with the latest technologies (often before they’re even released) on some of the most exciting digital projects in Europe, guaranteed!
PA are an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Duties & Responsibilities
As a Senior Software Engineer (Java), you are a practiced member of the team. You’ll be competent at owning and delivering solutions and being the design authority for how features are implemented:
- You can expect to use your knowledge of architecture; our clients will look to you for advice and contribution in higher level architectural discussions
- You’re familiar with the development process and take ownership for certain aspects of the process by putting appropriate methods and tools in place
- You will have regular conversations with clients and be a point of contact between the client and the project team
- Coaching and mentoring more junior members of the team, and deputising for the team principal, will be important in the role
- You’ll play an active role in account management
- You’ll also have opportunities to be involved in shaping bids and creating approaches or proposals, perhaps even presenting to clients in a formal selection process
Our extensive growth plans for our Innovation Hub make this a great opportunity for ambitious Senior Software Engineers (Java) to contribute and be part of our growing success.
- Sound experience in Java, but it’s your understanding of data structures, algorithms, libraries and development methods that are most important:
- Java 8+
- MVC, JDBC and RESTful
- Knowledge of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Building tools such as Ant, Maven and Gradle
- Using a range of technologies and libraries in the Java ecosystem
- Experience working in an agile development team, and applying strong development practices
- Experience in developing solutions in the cloud, using either AWS, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience in microservices architecture, including an understanding of containers and serverless implementation. This could include Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, AWS Lambda, Cloud Functions (GCP and Azure).
Education and Qualifications
We value experience, attitude and aptitude over qualification, but typically we see successful candidates in the role who have an honours degree in a STEM subject
- Competitive salary, with an annual performance-based bonus
- Dynamic working environment with a casual dress code
- Ultramodern offices with mod cons
- Private medical insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Company pension scheme
- Life and Income protection insurance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn, childcare benefits)
- Voluntary benefits (dental, critical illness etc.)
To apply, please forward your CV via the APPLY NOW button below.
Closing date: Monday 20th May 2019