Proofpoint are hiring an experienced Senior Information Security Engineer to join our Global Information Security team.
At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today’s advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That’s why we’re a leader in next-generation cybersecurity—and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.
Are you a talented and creative Information Security Engineer that is interested in joining a small, nimble team that has a really big impact? Do you want to have a hand in helping to secure cutting-edge, global SaaS products?
Then join our Global Information Security team and apply your background in security for cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP) by managing prevention, detection, and response across our SaaS products. Work with the team to ensure Proofpoint infrastructure, services, and customer data are well protected from threats and vulnerabilities. Apply your passion for security to help shape and drive key initiatives that improve our security posture, infrastructure, and secure development lifecycle.
Technologies you may work with include:
- Perl, Python, Ruby, bash, Powershell, etc.
- Operating systems (Windows, Linux)
- Endpoint detection and response (e.g. GRR, osquery, sysmon)
- Log collection and normalization (e.g. Splunk, ELK)
- Configuration & runbook management (e.g. Puppet, Ansible, Rundeck, CloudFormation)
- Networking technologies (VPN/Routing/ACLs/IDS)
- Vulnerability Management platforms (Nessus/Blackduck/VulnDB)
- Implement security best practices for Cloud platforms and contribute to system hardening
- Ensure the security of the networks and products through continuous monitoring efforts for malicious activities, network traffic, vulnerability management and risk assessments
- Accurately assess enterprise risk and help drive remediation efforts
- Contribute to development of end-to-end security architecture for production systems, including security design analysis, risk management, data privacy compliance, vendor and application security assessments
- Support the vulnerability remediation processes across multiple business units
- Execute on Incident Response plans and lead efforts for escalation, analysis and resolution of security incidents
- Provide ongoing monitoring, maintenance, and support of the Security Operations Center’s infrastructure, systems, and services
- Be a reference point for Business Units requiring Information Security guidance/advice
What you bring to the team
- Demonstrated experience that supports your understanding of security-specific tasks (e.g. detection, forensics, log normalization, privilege separation, etc.)
- Broad knowledge working with and securing Amazon Web Services (EC2, VPCs, IAM, Route53, S3, RDS, etc.) or Azure/GCP equivalents
- Experience with administration and maintenance of Information Security technologies including vulnerability management, WAFs, SIEM, IDS/IPS systems, DLP, VPN appliances and multi-factor authentication
- Experience in Linux systems administration and/or engineering, troubleshooting TCP/IP networks, and programming or scripting languages
- Proficient with managing remediation efforts and application security assessments, code audits, design reviews alongside development teams
- Experience with Splunk and other enterprise security tools
- Experience with application security, attacks, and countermeasures
- BS/MS in Information Security or related field or equivalent experience plus three years of work experience in a security a role
- Availability for possible on-call rotation shared among team members
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization with leading edge products, there are many exciting reasons to join the Proofpoint team. We believe in hiring the best the brightest and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. As we continue to grow and expand globally, we understand that hiring the right people and treating them well is key to our success! We are a multi-national company with locations in 10 countries, with each location contributing to Proofpoint’s amazing culture!