Location UK / Ulster
Job Type Permanent part-time
Salary £45000 - 55000
Updated 2 days ago
A fantastic opportunity to work in our global leading Equities team and get involved in exciting projects to do with our trading systems.
This job is within the Equities Market Making Technology organization. The main objective of the role is development, maintenance of server side components of a high frequency Market Making and Index Arbitrage platform.
The role also includes working with the front office business to continuously refine and enhance trading strategies.
The ideal candidate will have a prior experience in front office technology.They
will be part of a distributed team among EMEA, APAC, and NAM. A strong coordination is required to guarantee the consistency of the overall setup.
The successful candidate will eventually need to directly discuss with the trading desk to gather their needs.
This job is within the Equities Market Making Technology organization.
The Delta One Market Making team is looking for a senior C++ developer with prior experience in front office technology.
The successful candidate will join a global team with 6 developers on server side.
• Strong involvement into the design of server components
• Analysing requirements, then design, implement and test the changes
• Planning software releases
• 2nd level support
• Guarantee stability the ETF market making platform
• Proactive input into continuous improvements of application/FO systems and processes
This role is highly visible and will provide exposure to Delta One business. There will be regular interactions with business stakeholders, and IT teams.
The successful candidate will be involved in important projects in the scope of Delta One growth plan. As such he will have the opportunity to play a key role in the long term strategic roadmap.
Required Skills /Qualifications:
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Goal, Client and deadline oriented
• Strong analytical and problem solving
Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines
• Extensive years of strong C++ experience
• Experience in front office trading applications, order management systems, Market making, FIX protocol, etc.
• Excellent knowledge of C++, Multithreading, Thread-Pools and Template Programming with strong OOP and OOAD skills
• Experienced in developing real time low latency applications
• Exposure to or experience in message driven architectures
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work with globally distributed teams
• Prior Investment Banking experience is highly desirable
• Prior experience in Java is added advantage
• Experience in FIX protocol, kdb and q queries
• Graduate/post graduate with computer degree/math or physics/diploma.
• Requires good communication, presentation and written skills.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer