Excellent opportunity for a Senior Application Developer based in Belfast
Title: Senior Application Developer- Northern Ireland
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
Allstate is currently seeking a senior Application Developer for the MyAccount Production Support Team.
Responsibilities include (but aren’t limited to):
- Incident tickets (INC’s) – Ensuring team resolves and escalates issues effectively, and deal with any that are escalated.
- Problem tickets (PRB’s) – Ability to identify Root cause analyzing code as necessary.
- Design and develop automated monitoring techniques to ensure application stability
- Design and develop software on existing and new tools to help support the main applications.
- Organize Agile processes to ensure team functions efficiently (standups, planning meetings etc.)
- Answering Data research questions from Business or Security.
- ECC participation and work with other teams to resolve major incidents.
- Take tactical decisions on serious issues to get the application back to green quickly.
- Take strategic decisions to prevent issues and ensure high availability and security.
- Organizing and planning lifecycle changes to IIS, windows environment etc. to ensure security and reliability of the applications.
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment. EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.
- Prior experience of Production Support processes, particularly in the areas of incident and problem management
- 4+ years’ experience Web Application Development
- .NET experience including C#
- SOAP and REST Webservices
- Log Data analysis and reporting tools (Splunk, SQL)
- Agile/Scrum workflow management (JIRA, confluence)
- Source control and Continuous Integration tools (GitHub, Jenkins, Octopus)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to accomplish tasks independently
- Ability to effectively work with a globally distributed cross-functional team
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW buttonb below to be directed to the company website
Closing Date: Friday 19th April 2019
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.