Location UK / Newry
Job Type Permanent part-time
Salary See description
Updated 6 days ago
Excellent opportunity for a Research and Evaluation Officer based in Newry
Title: Research and Evaluation Officer
Hours: 22.5 hours
Location: CDHN, Mill Street, Newry
Responsible to: Strategic Impact Manager
Salary: NJC Scale SO1 (point 29-31) £26,470 (this is the full time equivalent salary. You will receive a pro rata amount for 22.5 hours per week).
Contract: Until July 2019 (extension to March 2020 subject to funding)
To measure the impact of Building the Community-Pharmacy Partnership (BCPP) funded projects by collecting and analysing project data at local BCPP project and regional BCPP Programme level across Northern Ireland. In addition, supporting projects through information, support, advice and training to utilise the BCPP evaluative system.
1. Support new and existing BCPP projects to utilise the BCPP evaluative system, including completing questionnaires and completing monitoring and evaluation reports
2. Collection, collation, checking, analysis of data from all BCPP projects
3. Conduct support visits to all funded projects across Northern Ireland and support them to implementing the evaluation system.
4. Work closely with the BCPP Finance Officer to ensure project activities and finance match.
5. Know the status of all projects and provide ongoing telephone and email support and advice to BCPP projects.
6. Utilise and develop the BCPP central evaluation database system to produce timely reports that document the impact of the BCPP projects and the overall programme in relation to agreed measures for external and internal use.
7. Bring gaps, identified in the evaluation system, to the attention of the Strategic Impact Manager and assist in the identification and implementation of solutions.
8. Ensure the central evaluative system is kept up to date with accurate information on an ongoing basis.
9. Undertake or commission research in relation to health.
10. Keep up to date with social, political and economic developments in health, and brief others on these.
11. Provide advice to senior managers, stakeholders and decision makers on key policy developments.
12. Participate in team screening of BCPP grant applications.
13. Assist with the development, management and implementation of the core aims and objectives of the Community Development and Health Network, including project development.
14. Undertake any other duties appropriate to the scale, which may be required from time to time
The duties outlined in this job description serve as a guide to the current and major responsibilities of the post. The duties and obligations associated with the post will inevitably vary and develop and the job description will be reviewed on a regular basis. Changes will be subject to consultation with the post-holder.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
Closing date 29th April 2019
Interview dates 9th/10th of May 2019
All employees have a personal responsibility to promote and to support measures designed to create a working environment that is free from harassment or discrimination on the grounds of religion, community background, gender, marital status or disability.
The requirement of flexible and on occasion unsocial working hours is managed through a ’time in lieu’ system.
CDHN operates a ‘No Smoking on the Premises Policy’.