Excellent opportunity for a Registered Nurse
Company: MD Healthcare Ltd
Job Title: Registered Nurse
Location(s):Rathmena House, Lurgan
Hours: Full Time Days
Hourly Rate / Salary / Allowances -£16.83 per hour
Annual Leave: 5.6 weeks pro rata
Any Other Information:
Company: MD Healthcare – Rathmena House
Reporting to:Home Manager
Location: Rathmena House, based at Ballyclare, may be deployed throughout the business as required.
Main Function of the Job:
The Registered Nurse will be responsible for the day-to-day control of the Nursing Team, providing the necessary leadership to maintain high standards of care, safety, discipline and morale in the Nursing Home.
The aim is to provide the nursing care to meet the individual resident’s/patient’s requirements by assessment of both strengths and problem identification, to plan and evaluate all care delivered and to create a relaxed and homely environment which maximises the individual’s opportunities for self-determination.
The Registered Nurse will participate in the delivery of care and in conjunction with the manager, implement policies and procedures and monitor the care to ensure the defined standards and objectives are being achieved.
- Comply with the Home Policies and Procedures.
- Introducing prospective clients to the Nursing Home, taking appropriate details to enable follow up.
- Organising the admission, discharge or transfer of patients and ensuring that policies relating to the safe custody of residents’ property are adhered to.
- Ensuring that resident/patient care is organised on the basis of individual assessment, identification of strengths and problems, planning and evaluation. Instructing, delegating appropriately and supervising staff with this responsibility.
- Keeping up-to-date with new techniques, procedures and equipment and encouraging staff to do likewise.
- Keeping the Manager informed of changes and reporting specific matters of importance relating to the prescribing, storage and administration of medication.
- Requisitioning and controlling supplies of stores, dressings, stationery etc whilst practising and encouraging economy in their use.
- Direct supervision of the work of Care Staff and actively participating in the delivery of nursing care to ensure that highest possible standards are maintained.
- To supervise and direct, as necessary, the work of Domestic and Catering Staff in conjunction with the Home Manager.
- Setting objectives for trained and ancillary staff and ensuring that these are carried out in a professional way.
- Ensuring that the educational needs for all staff are communicated to the Manager.
- Communicating and co-operating with medical and paramedical staff regarding care, and treatment of patients and ensuring that all treatments and instruction are carried out.
- Exercising leadership at all times to ensure confidence and a high morale amongst Nursing/Domestic and Catering Staff.
- Ensuring clear channels of communication for all employees.
- Organising social activities for residents within and outside the Home.
- Investigating and recording all complaints received from residents/patients and relatives in accordance with Home Policy.
- Any other duties as may be deemed necessary by the Home Manager.
This job description may be reviewed at any time.
The Company operates a No Smoking Policy
Previous applicants in the last six months need not apply
Closing Date: Friday 03 May 2019
‘We are an Equal Opportunities Employer’
CV’S are not accepted