Fantastic opportunity for a Quantity Surveyors just starting out in their career and for the more experienced.
Position: Quantity Surveyor
Employment Type: Permanent| Full-Time
Location: Dungannon Area – some travel to England required
We are a leading Civil Engineering and Building company delivering high quality construction projects across the UK and Ireland. We have an excellent reputation for investing in our people, a rewarding working environment and a highly competitive benefits package.
Due to continuing success and growth of our Civil Engineering team, we have a fantastic new opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor (QS). Working as a QS on major water infrastructure projects across the Midlands area, you will play a key role within the team in delivering quality and value for money projects to our Clients
- Manage the subcontractor appointment process.
- Preparation of tenders, cost estimates and quotations within client deadlines.
- Preparation of value engineering proposals to reflect Client budgetary requirements.
- Preparation of cost, value and reconciliation monthly reports on each assigned project.
- Manage money recovery in accordance with the agreed terms and conditions
- Coordinate with Clients, Sub-Contractors, Suppliers to ensure information; costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of each project through to final accounts.
- Manage sub-contractor’s account in strict accordance with their terms and conditions to meet project demands/timeframes.
- To undertake any other duties as allocated.
- The ability to prioritise and work within set deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build and improve effective internal and external working relationships.
- Third level degree qualification in Quantity Surveying or a related construction discipline with 2 + years’ experience in Civil Engineering, Water or Wastewater
- Sound estimation skills with negotiation experience of confirming, agreeing and pricing variations.
- Strong knowledge of construction contracts in particular NEC3/NEC4 and/or JCT.
- Full clean driving license.
To discuss further please contact Christina Walsh on 02887755928