Excellent opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor based in Rostrevor - Full Package.
Cole Groundworks Contracts Ltd is a leading nationwide Groundwork and Civil Engineering Sub-Contractor operating in Commercial, Industrial & Residential sectors.
Thanks to a rapidly expanding portfolio and ongoing internal investment, the successful candidate will be working on multi-million-pound bespoke projects throughout the UK & NI and be a key member within the commercial team.
The preferred candidate must have a proactive approach to their work, be highly driven and motivated and is looking to take the next step in their career. The preferred candidate must also have previous experience and knowledge of Civils and Sub-Contract works. It is imperative to have an understanding and knowledge of construction contracts.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager and Managing Director, duties will include but not be exclusive to: –
- Manage and negotiate the subcontract tender process, including the selection of sub-contractors and provision of all relevant contract and schedule documentation.
- Preparation and processing of quotations, bids and tenders within client deadlines.
- Produce breakdowns and undertake value engineering processes to meet Client budgetary requirements.
- Preparation of reports and technical documentation, as well as assisting with bid and tender documentation, and contractual terms.
- Preparation of cost, value and reconciliation monthly reports on each assigned project.
- Monitor cash flow and valuation planning, ensuring applications are made correctly and in a timely manner.
- Completion of site measurements and preparing estimates for clients.
- Coordinate with Clients, Sub-Contractors, Suppliers to ensure information; costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of each project through to final accounts.
- In the event of a contractual / payment dispute, display a proactive approach to resolve the situation in a timely fashion.
- Manage sub-contractor’s account in strict accordance with their terms and conditions to meet project demands/timeframes.
- Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with company standard HSE procedures and work instructions.
- Provide contractual advice to the internal team.
- Typically based in the Rostrevor office but flexible to travel across to UK when required
- Willing to work with and become part of a team, developing each others skills
Quantity Surveyor Criteria:
- 3rd level Degree qualification in Quantity Surveying and be able to demonstrate a high level of experience (ideally 5+ years).
- Commercial/Quantity Surveying experience ‘specifically within the construction, civils & groundworks field.’
- Proven track record working as QS on large construction projects.
- Able to provide evidence of experience in producing valuation and Final Accounts.
- Negotiation experience of confirming, agreeing and pricing variations.
- High level of IT literacy, especially in Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Knowledge of UK and Irish Rates
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: Negotiable depending on experience
Location: Head Office – Rostrevor- Travel when required for a day or two to the UK
- Experience in Groundworks and Civil Engineering
- Surveying: 5 years (Preferred)
- License (preferred)
Please forward your CV via the APPLY button below.
No Agencies Please