Fantastic Opportunity To Join An Award Winning Global Company.
Attractive Benefits Package Offered
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Quality Manager will be responsible for all quality related functions on the Gilford Road Site. They will have a strong functional background in quality management / engineering. They will lead a team of inspectors to ensure 100% RFT quality. Creating and developing a zero-defect quality strategy and setting a benchmark of world class quality. The successful candidate will work closely with operations, customer service team, commercial and directly with our customers. They will ensure the highest levels of quality in the manufacturing process, leading to zero defects leave and look at ways to reduce costs through eliminating re-work and scrap.
- Ensure the site conforms to all relevant quality legislation.
- Lead and develop a team of quality inspectors on site. Ensure they meet the highest standards possible. Coach and develop the team.
- Create a world class strategy for the site. Set KPI’s, track monitor and improve.
- Support all quality functions to continually drive out errors, scrap and customers issues and improve performance.
- Roll out new processes such as SPC / Process capability with the quality team to improve performance.
- Fully conversant in ISO standards. Run and improve the integrated management system on site.
- Develop and implement a robust system for recording all quality data on site and ensure correct tolerances are set.
- Drive standardisation in quality systems across all EMS sites.
- Work very closely with our customers to meet and exceed all their expectations and use data to drive improved performance.
- Manage all warranty issues.
- Responsibility for quality of incoming material.
- Create and develop a culture of detailed root cause problem solving.
- In conjunction with the Technical Department ensure that new designs have been fully assessed to ensure maximum longevity in the marketplace with optimal operational efficiencies
- Any other relevant duties as required.
- Although the role is based in Portadown, the successful candidate would be expected to travel to other sites, customers, suppliers and contractors as required.
- Although the role is currently responsible for Quality, it is envisaged that the successful candidate would develop into taking both environmental and H&S responsibilities.
- Degree qualified in relevant discipline (engineering / science)
- High Level of interpersonal skills
- Fully experienced / conversant in OSHAS 18001 and ISO 14001
- Practical experience of quality management in an industrial setting
- Proficient in MS Office – particularly Excel
- Proficient in Process capability and SPC.
Experience & Knowledge
- Multiple years of experience in a quality related discipline
- People leadership experience
- Conversant in PFMEA and RCPS
- Proven experience of managing budgets
Abilities & Skills
- To be able to communicate clearly and effectively and present at a high level
- Masters or PHd in relevant qualification would be desirable.
- Background / Knowledge in Automotive Standards
- IOSH, NEBOSH or relevant H&S qualification would be desirable.
- Knowledge / Experience in Polymers / Plastics industry
- Lean manufacturing Experience / 6 Sigma / Green belt
- Experience of world-class manufacturing.