Finnebrogue looks at what’s wrong with food to figure out how to make it the best it can be, without being bound by the way it has always been done. Having earned a reputation as the country’s leading top-tier sausage maker, we launched revolutiona
Finnebrogue looks at what’s wrong with food to figure out how to make it the best it can be, without being bound by the way it has always been done. Having earned a reputation as the country’s leading top-tier sausage maker, we launched revolutionary bacon and ham made without nitrites, opened a state of the art vegan and vegetarian factory and always place innovation at the heart of what we do.
We are currently searching for a Quality Assurance Operative to join our team for a period of 3-6 months. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to gain invaluable experience in one of the fastest growing food manufacturers in the UK.
- Competitive salary
- Subsidised canteen
- Retail Discount Cards
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free Parking
- Discounted Staff Sales
- Length of Service Additional Holiday Allowance
Working as part of a team to produce high quality meat products that comply with all food safety and legality requirements, for our customers.
To assist in day-to-day running of the Technical / Quality function’s including internal auditing, HACCP and Raw Material Review.
- A-level or equivalent in a related field.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Evidence of good planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite and related IT packages
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good attention to detail
- Strong individual whom is willing to challenge team members on compliance.
- HND in Food Technology or related discipline
- Level 2 HACCP (or equivalent)
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Qualification (or equivalent)
- Previous Auditing Experience
- Understanding the needs of the customers and translating them into the factory, managing customer expectations and building key relationships.
- Review of intake raw materials against specification.
- Issuing and reviewing Supplier Non-Conformances.
- Reviewing bone findings in raw material and trending results.
- Conducting pre-operational hygiene and Glass and Hard Plastic inspection prior to use.
- Conducting environmental swabs and product micro collection.
- To be responsible for the handling of the complaints received on site. This will include the logging, investigating, corrective action generation and close out of corrective actions.
- To be responsible for the management of allergens for the site and the up keep of allergen systems and processes.
- To manage weights, volume and number controls for the production process of factory specifications, quality contracts for the production lines and QAS.
- To assist with the management of traceability systems and conducting traceability on site.
- To help manage, monitor and implement GMP systems, processes and audits throughout the factory.
- To conduct Internal audits and assist with their close out as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer.