Excellent opportunity for Project Manager - Collaboration based in Belfast
Project Manager – Collaboration
Queen’s University Belfast is one of the leading universities in the UK and Ireland, with a distinguished heritage and history. With over 24,000 students, 3,700 staff and an annual turnover of some £300m, Queen’s University Belfast plays a unique leadership role in Northern Ireland. As a member of the Russell Group of UK research-intensive universities, Queen’s University Belfast combines excellence in research and education with a student centred ethos.
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible to the Assistant Director (Learning and Teaching) for the planning and day-to-day management of the activities relating to the delivery Information Services Programme of Work on Collaboration in support the Information Systems Strategic Plan.- Manage the technical development, maintenance and support of the Collaboration Programme of Work.
- Manage the technical teams allocated to the delivery of the Collaboration Programme of work. This will include staff development, resource management and delegation of work to achieve specific objectives ensuring agreed strategies and plans are achieved.
- Manage and co-ordinate the technical roadmap/strategy for the Collaborations Systems to meet with the business requirements and the delivery of major service change outlined in the Information Services Strategic Plan.
- Use substantial professional knowledge and expertise to identify innovative solutions to maximise service quality, efficiency and continuity.
- Co-ordinate the effective maintenance of information and documentation e.g. system specification, disaster recovery plans, user documentation, maintenance schedules and infrastructure topology.
- Please note that this is a part-time position, with the post-holder working 25 hours per week on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will have:
- A primary degree OR evidence of substantial relevant professional, project management experience .
- A minimum of four years’ recent proven experience in a large scale relevant computing environment, developing and supporting corporate IT business systems.
- Significant experience of team management within a technical environment to deliver high quality IT business solutions.
- Strong project management knowledge and skills in an IT environment with a clear understanding of procedures and methodologies e.g. Prince.
- Wide ranging and deep knowledge of the technologies affecting the delivery of IT business systems including cloud based services, web technologies and collaboration tools.
- Proven ability to successfully manage interactions with internal business partners and third party solution providers.
To apply please click in the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
For full job details and essential/desirable criteria please refer to the candidate information link by clicking apply. You must clearly demonstrate how you meet the criteria on your application form
Further information about the Directorate can be found at //www.qub.ac.uk/directorates/InformationServices/
Anticipated interview date: Tuesday 30 April 2019
Salary scale: £40,792 – £50,132 per rota (potential to progress to £53,175 per rota through sustained exceptional contribution)
Closing date: Wednesday 17 April 2019