Location UK / Ulster
Job Type Permanent full-time
Salary £25000 - 35000
Updated 1 week ago
To support the Front-Line Managers to deliver health & safety, quality, service, cost and people performance targets by leading, directing, motivating and coaching a shift based team.
To support the Front-Line Managers to deliver health & safety, quality, service, cost and people performance targets by leading, directing, motivating and coaching a shift based team. This role works a rotational shift days/night 7 to 7 (2 weeks days then 2 weeks night) based on 3 days week 1 and 4 days week 2.
• By referencing the planning system, ensure that plant capacities are optimized to provide products for timely despatch to our customers.
• Technical management of the shift to include compliance to QAS standards,
• Advocate and drive quality initiatives such as a “Clean as you Go” culture,
• Manage temp pool to ensure agreed manning levels per shift are maintained and respond effectively to any unplanned absences.
• Working in conjunction with the Training Champions to implement all training requirements, including identifying training needs, coordinating training plans, and ensuring training is carried.
• Ongoing communication with shift employees through briefings, conversations, and other methods to ensure a focus on a result driven and employee engaged culture
• Highlight any performance/conduct issues to Production Manager
• Health and Safety management on shift to include promoting Health and Safety culture, adherence to PPE rules and period inspections. This will also include accident investigation (when appropriate) and ownership of any improvement issues that are identified in the investigation.
• Work across the business by communicating with other departments to inform of changes and developments to ensure optimum service to customer
• Well-developed numeracy and literacy skills
• Minimum of 2 years successful manufacturing experience, with experience in a leadership role
• Analytical approach to problem solving
• The ability to take a logical approach to decision making
• Team Player
• Experience and evidence of accepting and driving ownership and accountability
• Experience and evidence of improving line and team performance
• Experience and evidence of continuous improvement
• Competent and confident communication skills