The Principal Engineer will develop integration components primarily using as part of an Enterprise scale integration solution. This role will present the right person with great opportunities to grow within Tsys.
Tsys is working on a major strategic initiative, setting a new standard of excellence in the provision and support of customers, products, and services within the Payments Industry. We are seeking an experienced Principal Engineer to lead a new team responsible for delivery of integration components within an Enterprise platform which underpins this and other strategic initiatives.
This large programme of work incorporates ingestion, transformation and exposure of disparate data sources spanning multiple enterprise and product platforms all within a modern CRM
The Principal Engineer will develop integration components primarily using as part of an Enterprise scale integration solution.
This role will present the right person with great opportunities to grow within Tsys.
- Design and develop efficient, scalable and high throughput solutions for enterprise scale integrations.
- Contribute to architecture and design decisions in partnership with other engineering and platform teams responsible for systems hosting and processing data
- Collaborate on data acquisition and problem definition to iteratively improve our solution
- Be an inspirational technical leader; train, mentor and motivate team members by setting an example as to how software development projects can be successfully executed
- Lead your team through the deliver lifecycle from Requirements Analysis through to Release!
- Collaborate with team members to ensure that deliverables are technically accurate and useful in a timely manner – we build quality into all stages of the software lifecycle, with a focus on end-user observable (and testable) system behaviours
- Identify critical activities & tasks on projects, help with estimation and planning, ensure timely and accurate communication of status, resolution of issues, and contribute beyond assigned tasks – adjusting priorities when appropriate
- Be a team player and role model, exhibiting a professional attitude, building work relationships, demonstrating flexibility and supporting workplace ethics
- Focus on continuous improvements to push the business towards new and improved ways to use data to for better decision making.
- Experience of leading a team
- Experience working in an Agile or Lean environment
- Proficient in developing complex Integration solutions
- Current and significant expertise in low level software design and hands on coding
- A solid understanding of Enterprise Integration patterns
- A solid understanding of Data Processing patterns and practice
- Exposure to Integrations on the Salesforce Platform
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Eligibility to work in the UK on a permanent and full-time basis
- Exposure to Mulesoft or other Integration as a service platforms
- Experience working within a containerized environment
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- 5+ years designing, modifying, writing, and implementing software integration solutions
- Experience working with large geo diverse teams
- Deep understanding of RESTful architecture principles and their applicability
- Understanding of all the stages of API lifecycle.
- Experience with one or more programming languages for API development
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new technologies/tool and training
In addition to a very competitive salary we also provide an excellent benefits package including: free car parking, private medical care, health cash plan, contributory pension, life insurance, income protection and free subscription with Belfast Bikes.
You also get to work in an award winning office and enjoy 25 days annual leave + 10 public holidays in addition to many other little perks such as lunch every other Friday, fresh fruit and more.
Have a look at how we work; tsys.com/belfast