Excellent opportunity for a Pricing & Risk Analyst based in Antrim
Pricing & Risk Analyst
Permanent Full Time
Starting Salary £24,000 – £30,000
firmus energy is responsible for the construction and operation of a natural gas network of over 1,400km across 30 cities, towns and villages across Northern Ireland. As well as connecting over 42,000 customers across its own licensed area, firmus energy also competes in the competitive natural gas market in Greater Belfast, where it also supplies over 50,000 customers.
The future looks bright at firmus energy, and for those who are part of our team. We offer excellent remuneration and benefits packages, together with comprehensive training and development programmes and the opportunity to excel in challenging and progressive roles.
Reporting to the Pricing & Risk Manager, the Pricing and Risk Analyst will proactively support firmus energy’s pricing and risk activities for natural gas in Northern Ireland, including the purchase of natural gas for firmus energy (Supply) customers.
Key Priorities & Responsibilities:
- Manage firmus energy’s trade books in line with Risk Management Policy and agreed hedging strategies
- Model demand assumptions to ensure optimal purchase of natural gas, supporting the delivery of gross margin objectives for domestic and commercial sectors
- Liaise with Commercial Sales Team ensuring accurate alignment of purchasing activity to commercial contracts
- Ensure natural gas purchases are executed accurately and on time, in line with Risk Management Policy
- Support development and management of energy price risk and purchasing policies and procedures
- Keep up to date with global natural gas market conditions, with particular focus on UK wholesale prices and underlying market fundamentals
- Ensure firmus energy’s natural gas trade books are fit for purpose, with focus on data quality and data management
- Be the first point of contact for firmus energy’s Commercial Sales and Billing Teams, and also for large commercial customers, ensuring highest standard of service and customer purchasing requirements are delivered effectively
- Provide analytical support to firmus energy tariff reviews
- Keep up to date with all relevant regulatory obligations
- Operational management of Trading Services Agreement with 3rd party provider
- Any other duties as directed by the Pricing & Risk Manager
- The post holder will demonstrate previous experience in an analytical or finance related role. In addition, they will have strong
- IT skills (particularly Excel), and possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge/Skills & Experience
- Relevant 3rd Level qualification. Alternatively, 5 years experience in a financial or analytical role
- Self-confidence, discipline and a commercial approach
- Professional outlook, demonstrating strong communication and analytical skills
- Proven ability to successfully identify improvement opportunities, generate ideas and successfully implement solutions
- Highly self-motivated and ability to work independently and prioritise workload with excellent IT, communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in a pricing and hedging environment
- Knowledge of natural gas/utility markets in Great Britain and Northern Ireland
We are also offering a starting salary between £24,000 – £30,000 p.a. plus a fantastic benefits package including Performance Related Awards, 25 days annual leave plus 10 Statutory days and 2 Company days, pension, life assurance, permanent health insurance, free parking, and great training and development opportunities.
Applications (including a cover letter detailing how you meet the criteria and a current CV) to be forwarded by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below by 5:00pm, Friday 26 April 2019
Please also ensure to answer the qualifying question below
FIRMUS ENERG Y IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER