Excellent opportunity for a Night Receptionist based in Belfast
Beautifully simple, yet simply beautiful, the Grand Central brings the new era of modern hotel luxury to Belfast with its timeless design, classic service and true style that promises all guests a captivating experience.
Grand Central is Northern Ireland’s largest hotel, boasting the best views of Belfast as well as being a great place to work.
Hastings Hotels are now offering an amazing opportunity for an exceptional hospitality professional to apply for the position of Night Receptionist.
Vacancy Title: Night Receptionist
Location: Grand Central Hotel, Belfast
Key Duties will include:
- Ensuring the efficient and smooth running of the hotel Reception from 11pm to 7am.
- Checking in guests on arrival and checking them out at the end of their stay, ensuring that the correct procedures are followed for receiving payment.
- Delivering exceptional service and exceeding guest expectations.
- Knowledge of all hotel services and to be proactive in the sale of these to guests.
- To be fully conversant with the amenities and attractions in the locality.
- Maintaining the reception area in a clean and tidy manner in accordance with departmental standards.
- Providing accurate and efficient guest billing.
- Receiving payments ensuring accuracy of prices charged and change given.
- Balancing bank, cash, foreign currency and all transactions at the end of the shift.
- Answering telephone calls from guests and external callers.
- Assisting guests with any reasonable requests for hotel services.
- Responding to guest concerns and finding the appropriate solution.
- Using equipment and materials in the correct manner and reporting any problems immediately.
- Compliance with all health, safety, hygiene and licensing policies and procedures.
- Working effectively with colleagues to ensure a harmonious working environment where all staff are treated with respect.
You will have:
- Previous reception experience within the hospitality and tourism sector and ideally gained within a high quality hotel.
- Excellent communication and IT skills.
- Some experience of working night shifts.
- GCSEs or equivalent with grades A-C in English and Maths.
- A smart, well-groomed professional appearance.
This is an exciting yet demanding role requiring a confident, hospitality experienced professional who can deliver a standard of service synonymous with the Hastings brand.
The Night Receptionist role is a full-time position with a competitive salary on offer.
To apply, please forward your CV together with a covering letter of application by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below
Closing date 25th of April 2019