We have a vacancy for a Manager to join the EY Absolute Team and play a key role in the fast growing managed service team within EY.
We have a vacancy for a Manager to join the EY Absolute Team and play a key role in the fast growing managed service team within EY. This team has been formed to lead the delivery of a key growth area within our Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR) service. The role will be based in Belfast and focus on the management of accountants and accounting analysts who are responsible for the preparation and review of management accounting reporting packs for a wide range of clients, including global blue chip multinational companies
The post holder will also have the opportunity to work within the wider EY Absolute service delivery team and contribute to the delivery of a high quality in-house finance function across a diverse client portfolio.
You will need to manage stakeholders and build positive relationships across the firm to ensure the new service is delivered on time and to budget.
The role will be based in our Delivery Centre in Belfast and you will be leading the delivery of a range of reporting and compliance services to clients across UK&I. There will be some travel within the UK and Ireland.
This is an exciting opportunity to take the next step in your career with a continually growing business.
Your key responsibilities
- Manage the activities of a team of Accountants and Accounting Analysts across an allocated portfolio of clients, including technical review of the work performed by that team.. This also includes establishing and managing work allocations and goals for the team, Ensure that the team function effectively and efficiently.
- Develop individual team members using an on-going coaching, personal development and performance management process.
- Manage short and long term operational goals and tactical objectives ensuring clients goals are incorporated
- Ensure SLAs are met and service is delivered to clients as expected
- Develop, build and maintain relationships with clients
- Be a proactive member of the EY Service Delivery Team
- Develop, maintain, and update personal knowledge and expertise through appropriate means to ensure understanding of relevant knowledge areas and to identify possible future developments
- Act as point of escalation for clients and staff related issues within the team
To qualify for the role you must have
ACCA, or ACA qualified accountant with ideally 2 -5 years post qualification experience in industry or professional services.
- In addition to be successful in this role you will have knowledge and experience of two or more of the areas below which will support your responsibilities, other relevant experience will be developed through performing this role.
Finance function and accounting operations, financial management and management accounting
Management reporting (including variance analysis) and statutory reporting
Cost and Margin analysis and reporting
Preparation and review of tax compliance returns for VAT and Corporation Tax
Detailed knowledge around finance function processes (RTR, PTP, OTC)
- Understanding of continuous improvement and / or cost saving initiatives