Westland Horticulture Ltd. was established in 1990 and leads the market in Garden, Environmental and Birdcare products; as a result it is one of the fastest growing gardening businesses in the UK and Ireland.
Due to continued expansion, we currently have an excellent opportunity for a full time, Permanent Maintenance Engineer to join our head office team, based in Granville Industrial Estate Dungannon:
The role would involve the installation, maintainance, improvement and repair of all plant and equipment ensuring production efficiency can be met within a safe well-presented facility. Respond to technical issues affecting production and maintain electrical and mechanical services through Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM).
- Attend breakdowns, identify faults and problem solve, with minimal downtime to production.
- Carry out diagnosis of faults, the maintenance and repairs to all types of plant and equipment in a safe, timely and professional manner and return equipment to operational service.
- Estimate length of time required to complete a job and likely consequences of failure to complete work within required timescales.
- Report breakdown causes, equipment faults and concerns to management.
- Assist with the moving, installation, repositioning of machines and equipment.
- Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedules as necessary.
- Identify and report to Management any activity that has the potential to cause harm or damage i.e. Faulty equipment/emergency stops etc.
- Plan and prioritise workload to support production and ensure efficient use of working time.
- Complete Daily Maintenance job sheets and Preventative Maintenance records.
- A minimum of two years’ post apprenticeship experience;
- Ability to diagnose electrical/ Mechanical problems and relevant experience in a high volume production environment;
- Excellent problem solving, team working and interpersonal skills;
- Strong literacy, numeracy, communication and IT skills;
- The ability to work calmly under pressure and work independently with minimal supervision.
- 17th Edition;
- Knowledge of PLCs/Control panel diagnostics and schematic drawings.
The closing date for applications is Friday 24th April 2019
Westland Horticulture is an Equal Opportunities Employer