Location UK / Belfast
Job Type Permanent full-time
Salary Not disclosed
Updated 5 days ago
Excellent opportunity for a Kitchen Assistant based in Belfast
Kitchen Assistant- 36 hours per week.
TO WHOM RESPONSIBLE:
Hours 36 per week
OBJECTIVE OF THE HOME:
Our objective in Towell House Residential Home is to establish a loving and caring environment with a homely atmosphere and to provide personal care to individual residents of the highest possible standard.
The Kitchen Assistant is responsible for the cleanliness of the kitchen and of all equipment, cleaning materials, liquids and solvents used in the kitchen.
He/she will assist in the preparation and cooking of food.
1. Ensuring that all liquids, cleaning materials and solvents are locked away at all times unless in use.
2. Undertaking general cleaning of all areas within the kitchen, i.e. dry goods store, food preparation area, etc.
3. Cleaning in a thorough way areas such as windows, ledges, fly screens, extract filters etc.
4. Assisting in the preparation and cooking of food.
5. Assisting in the service of all meals.
6. Observing the correct use and care of equipment.
7. Reporting any breakdowns or defects in machinery or materials to the Cook Manager.
8. Observing good hygiene practices.
9. Reporting any accident/incident which may occur.
10. Observing good safety practices at all times, thus ensuring the safety of residents, staff and members of the public.
11. Knowing and understanding the Home’s policies and procedures in relation to:
Health and safety
Cleanliness of the Home
Control of infection
Fire prevention and fire procedure
Code for food handlers
Causes of food poisoning
12. Conforming with the Home’s dress code at all times.
13. Participating in staff induction and training in order to maintain the highest level of service to all residents.
14. Assisting in other areas as required by Management.
Closing date 23rd April 2019
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION WILL BE SUBJECT TO REVIEW IN THE LIGHT OF CHANGING CIRCUMSTANCES AND MAY INCLUDE ANY OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES AS MAY BE DETERMINED IN CONSULTATION WITH THE JOB HOLDER. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO BE RIGID AND INFLEXIBLE BUT SHOULD BE REGARDED AS PROVIDING GUIDELINES WITHIN WHICH THE INDIVIDUAL WORKS.
CVs NOT ACCEPTED AND CANVASSING WILL DISQUALIFY
THIS MEMORANDUM SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AS CONSTITUTING CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT.
TOWELL HOUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
AS REGULATED FACILITY APPLICANTS SHOULD BE AWARE AN ENHANCED ACCESS NI CHECK IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POST. APPLICANTS SHOULD ALSO BE AWARE A TRACE ON YOUR ACCESS NI CHECK DOES NOT NECESSARILY DISBAR FROM EMPLOYMENT. EACH CASE IS ASSESSED INDIVIDUALLY
The Towell Building Trust Ltd has a written policy on the recruitment of ex- offenders. This is available on request from Towell House.
Towell House has a written policy on the Secure Handling, Use, Storage and Retention of Disclosure information. This is available on request from Towell House.