Excellent opportunity for a Kanban/Material Management Co-Ordinator based in Coalisland
Job Description Title: Kanban/Material Management Co-Ordinator
Department: Supply Chain
Reports to : Kanban Materials Manager
The role of Kanban/Material Management Co-ordinator is to assist in the implementation and management of the company’s Supply Chain requirements, including the deployment of training, active Business improvement within Supply Chain and other duties that will enhance the organizational efficiency and support a culture of continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and implement an action plan for all aspects of McCloskey International’s Supply Chain process improvement program, including but not limited to Kanban, 5S, value stream mapping, standardized work procedures and continuous improvements.
- Work with departmental managers and Purchasers in identifying areas for process improvement events, establishing objectives for each project, and selecting cross-functional team members and leaders.
- Coordinate each project/event phase and ensure that participants and stakeholders have the tools and resources they need.
- Ensure tools, resources and instructional materials are developed, updates as necessary, and maintained to meet ongoing needs.
- Facilitate workshops and/or other forums to focus improvement, transfer knowledge, and engage team members and leaders in activities supporting the continuous improvement transformation.
- Monitor project performance against planned objectives.
- Promote and develop effective partnerships working with internal and external stakeholders in order to achieve continuous improvement.
- Work in a careful and safe manner.
- Report any real or potential safety/health hazard to the Supervisor.
- Actively participate in orientation and training programs.
- Conduct daily inspections of the work area.
- Conduct Monthly Audits of Supply Chain KPI’s
- Report all accidents, incidents or near misses to the Supervisor.
- Observe all legislated H&S regulations as well as established workplace safety procedures.
- Cooperate with the Joint Health & Safety Committee in any Safety Program Review.
- Complete any special projects as required. May be assigned to other areas of Operations, based on business or customer requirements.
- Works in compliance with all Administrative, Health & Safety policies and procedures as per legislative requirements and as outlined in Company policies.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Educated to Higher level qualification with proven experience in an equipment manufacturing environment at supervisory level, as well as:
- Proven facilitation skills and ability to energise others to productive action.
- Must be able to work closely with others to collaborate on completion of common goals.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Outstanding communication (oral/written) skills required.
- Ability to make presentations.
- Strong team building skills.
- Self motivated and organized.
Please note: The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as a conclusive description of all work required in the job.
If you wish to be considered for this exciting position and wish to be a part of a growing, dynamic and international organisation then please send your CV and cover letter specifying which position you are interested in and detailing your suitability for the post by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below.
We are an equal opportunities employer