Excellent opportunity for a HR Manager based in Antrim.
Full Time – Permanent Role
Salary Range £35,000 – £40,000 + Car Allowance + Benefits
firmus energy is responsible for the construction and operation of a natural gas network of over 1,400km across 30 cities, towns and villages across Northern Ireland, and supplies gas to over 90,000 customers.
firmus energy is a growing, profitable business, with a very positive future. We offer excellent remuneration and benefits packages, together with comprehensive training and development programmes and the opportunity to excel in challenging and progressive roles.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the HR Manager is responsible for providing strategic guidance and support to the business across a wide range of functions, including manpower and succession planning, learning and development, organisational change, employee relations, performance management, recruitment and selection, reward and benefit, policy development and employee lifecycle. They are also responsible for identifying and recommending improvements to HR operations and practices, and training staff to ensure compliance with and adherence to working practices, policies and procedures.
- Liaise with the Management Team to ensure that the HR agenda is addressed and implemented consistently across all areas of the business.
- Provide HR support across a wide range of areas, including recruitment and selection, manpower planning, talent management, succession planning, competency framework, performance management, reward and benefits, learning and development, employee relations, health and wellbeing, and policy development.
- Provide advice and guidance to the Management Team, delivering effective manpower and succession planning strategies.
- Lead in the development and management of an effective recruitment and selection strategy, ensuring adherence to FEC best practice.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of effective learning and development strategies, including delivery of a talent development plan.
- Deliver effective mechanisms to support organisational change and employee health and wellbeing across all areas of the business.
- Lead and advise on effective resolution of employee relations issues.
- Lead on performance management, ensuring adherence to timelines, delivering calibration and consistency across the organisation.
- Manage and deliver reward and benefits strategies, identifying and delivering initiatives and solutions to attract, motivate and retain employees.
- Responsible for development and continuous review of HR policies and procedures, ensuring consistency in delivery and adherence to appropriate legislative requirements.
- Provision of information and guidance to the Remuneration Committee.
- Lead, develop and manage the HR team, to deliver HR operations, ensuring delivery of best practice operations consistently across the organisation in line with appropriate legislation and company values.
- Responsible for all aspects of employee lifecycle, including absence management.
- Drive efficiencies and business improvement initiatives across all areas of the organisation.
- Ensure fairness and consistency in HR practices across the organisation.
- Represent the company at relevant industry forums.
The post holder must demonstrate proven experience in a senior HR role, and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Knowledge/Skills & Experience
- Relevant Third Level HR Related Qualification plus a minimum of 6 years experience in a senior HR role. Alternatively we will accept applications from those with lesser qualifications and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior HR role
- CIPD membership, preferably chartered membership (MCIPD)
- Strong management and leadership skills, with the ability to prioritise multiple projects
- Excellent consultative and strategic thinking, problem solving, communications and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to develop and deliver effective HR solutions
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload.
Applications (including a cover letter detailing how you meet the criteria and a current CV) to be sent via the APPLY button below by Friday 26th April 2019 at 4 pm.
We reserve the right to enhance the criteria to aid shortlisting.
FIRMUS ENERGY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER