Excellent opportunity for a Health and Safety Officer (Part-time) based in Cookstown/Dungannon.
A Career with MCD Engineering Limited
Established in 1993, MCD Engineering specialise in providing high quality fabrication and finishing services to industrial, agricultural, commercial and private customers with a management team who have over 50 years’ experience in the industry.
The market for our services is growing rapidly and MCD Engineering are at the forefront with the expertise to meet this demand. MCD Engineering has the resources and skills to provide comprehensive solutions for virtually any project. We are seeking to appoint a part-time Health and Safety Officer.
Health and Safety Officer (Part-time) – Reference: HASO/0419
An opportunity has arisen for a part-time Health and Safety Officer based in Rock, Co. Tyrone with MCD Engineering Limited. The Health and Safety Officer will be responsible for proactively promoting a positive health and safety culture and to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Support, advise and guide the Company in all health and safety aspects of manufacturing;
- Develop, implement, monitor and continuously improve Health and Safety and environmental policies, procedure and practices to ensure compliance with health and safety and environmental legislation;
- Conduct Risk Assessments – General, COSHH, Manual Handling, PUWER, DSE, Vibration, DSEAR etc.
- Develop Method Statements for Work Activities and communicate contents to employees;
- Assist and support the Company on achieving set objectives in relation to Health and Safety, and Environmental.
- Investigate all incidents, injuries and dangerous occurrences and implement initiatives to reduce incidents and injuries;
- Ensure all newly appointed employees receive a health and safety induction before commencement of work;
- Evaluate, maintain, organise and implement health and safety training and health surveillance.
- IOSH Managing Safety Qualification/ NEBOSH Certificate
- NEBOSH Part 1 Diploma or Level 5 qualification
- NEBOSH Parts 1&2/ NEBOSH Level 6/HS&E Degree level qualification
- Experience of developing and delivering training
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Health and Safety role
- Manufacturing experience including experience of lean manufacturing tools and techniques and their application;
- High degree of influencing and persuasive skills, with a proven track record of negotiating and challenging;
- Excellent listening, communication and organisation skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Membership of an appropriate Health and Safety professional body;
- Environmental Qualification;
- Human Resources Experience;
- Experience documenting lifting plans or experience of slinging/lifting operations.
To apply for the above position please send your CV with the monitoring form, via the button below
Closing Date: Friday 3rd May 2019 at 5.00pm
MCD Engineering Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer