Location UK / Newry
Job Type Permanent full-time
Salary See description
Updated 3 days ago
Excellent opportunity for Health and Safety Manager based in Newry.
POST REF: SSRC19/28
POST: HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGER
HOURS: 36 HOURS PER WEEK
GRADE: NJC BAND 7
SALARY: £34,106 – £37,107 PER ANNUM
LOCATION: NEWRY CAMPUS
(The post holder will be located in the Newry Campus but may be located on any of the College Campuses. There will be a requirement to travel to other campuses).
REPORTS TO: HEAD OF ESTATES
Southern Regional College is a multi-site college of further and higher education with a broad health and safety environment comprising students, young people and vulnerable adults as well as a range of specialist school areas including science, construction, automotive and electrical engineering, catering, sports studies and hair and beauty.
The Health and Safety Manager will be responsible for proactively promoting a positive health and safety culture across all business areas and schools in the Southern Regional College. The role will entail providing expert advice and recommendations to all levels of employees and Senior Managers in relation to the impact of Health and Safety requirements and risk to Southern Regional College.
The post-holder will be responsible for developing, facilitating implementation, monitoring and continuously improving the Health and Safety policies, procedures and practices to ensure compliance with all current and future Health & Safety legislation.
The Health and Safety Manager will advise and support the Head of Estates in relation to discharging responsibilities in respect of health and safety and will provide specialist advice and support to other managers across the College.
1. A level 6 qualification (or higher) in Occupational Health and Safety (e.g. NEBOSH Diploma).
A level 6 qualification (or higher) in a Construction or Building-related discipline e.g. Estates Management, Quantity Surveying, Building or Construction Management or Construction Engineering.
2. A recognised Health and Safety qualification e.g. NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent qualification.
A vocational qualification (NVQ, QCF) at Level 5 in occupational health and safety practice.
3. Membership of an appropriate Health and Safety professional body at a grade equivalent to GradIOSH or higher. Preference may be given to those who can demonstrate membership equivalence to MIOSH, CMIOSH or FIOSH.
4. In-Depth and up to date knowledge of operating health and safety management systems and relevant procedures within a large and complex organisation (e.g. HSG65, USHA HASMAP, BS OHSAS 18001 / ISO18001).
5. A minimum of three years’ recent, post qualification experience in health and safety management including the provision of advice/guidance in health and safety.
6. A minimum of two years’ experience (within the last five years) of successfully managing health and safety in a further/higher education/public sector environment.
7. A minimum of one years’ experience (within the last five years) in the planning, organising and delivery of job skills training and processes within the remit of Health & Safety to individuals, groups and managers.
Other Essential Criteria
8. A full current driving licence which enables you to drive in Northern Ireland, and access to a car for official business purposes. (Please refer to the General section in the application pack for further information).
Completed application forms must be submitted not later than: 4:00pm on Tuesday 23rd April 2019 at 4.00pm
To apply for this post please click the APPLY NOW button below to visit our site
Southern Regional College is a child care organisation and complies with the requirements of the Safeguarding Regulations.
Southern Regional College is an Equal Opportunities Employer.