Thompson Aero Seating are now recruiting for a Head of Off Site Support to join our growing Aftermarket team.
Job Title: Head of Off‐Site Support
The successful candidate will work with the Thompson Aero Seating (‘TAS’ /Off‐site Support department and will be responsible for all offsite Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul (‘MRO’) activities including aircraft line fit activities. It is estimated that the travel requirement will be in the region of 1‐2 weeks of every month, although during periods of high demand more travel may be required. This position will be focussed on the Asian/Far East market and the successful candidate may be based in Asia for periods of time.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Delivery of crew & maintenance training onsite at TAS and offsite at customer locations
- Support TAS Sales team by setting up and demonstrating TAS seats at customer locations
- Availability to travel outside the UK at short notice to support repair & retrofit activities at
- global customer MRO sites.
- Establish & develop links and synergies with other AVIC group companies to share expertise
- provide training
- Responsible for the revenue streams relating to spare parts and maintenance
- Working with customers to deliver tailor made solutions
- Responsible for customer accounts in relation to spares.
- Identify possible revenue streams from business opportunities in Asia/Far East
The above list is not exhaustive and the scope of the job will grow with experience and additional tasks may be required as and when business needs change.
The normal place of work will be at the company’s site at 51 Seagoe Industrial Estate, Portadown,
Craigavon, County Armagh, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom BT63 5QE however please note that
there will be a requirement to travel outside the UK as part of the role.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A considerable experience of MRO and commercial airline aircraft maintenance, repair and
- overhaul required.
- Extensive experience of working with global airlines and their requirements for aircraft seating MRO.
- Detailed knowledge of aircraft seating and with in‐depth knowledge on aircraft BFE
- management and seat integration processes at aircraft OEM’s and/or MRO’s.
- A high level of technical knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to solve practical
- Conversant with the processes involved with seat BFE management and installation at aircraft OEM’s and/or MRO’s.
- Ability to lead & develop staff.
- Good spoken and written communication skills and confidence in dealing with customers in a professional manner.
- Experience interacting and engaging senior management of airlines and OEM’s.
- Strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office.
- Precise and concise written communication skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- The ability to work on own initiative but also as part of a team.
- Organisational/preparational skills, such as time and resource planning.
- A technical/engineering qualification.
- Ability to speak one or more Asian languages.
- Competency in aviation airworthiness requirements.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. It will be in the range of
£60,000‐£70,000 depending on the candidate. Benefit package to include pension, life assurance and
To apply please complete an application form and submit to Jill Lennon, HR Manager at Thompson
Closing date for applications 30th April 2019.