Excellent opportunity for Head of NI & ROI Sales based in Tobermore.
Title of post: Head Of NI & ROI Sales
Responsible to: Managing Director & General Manager, Tobermore
Relationships: NI/ROI External Sales Team, Pricing Team, Marketing Team, Business Development Team, General Manager, Human Resource Team.
Responsible for: NI & ROI Sales Team
The Head of NI & ROI Sales will lead and develop a successful and talented Team of Sales Managers, setting direction, continually educating and guiding their sales activities and coaching them to reach their full potential. Working closely with the Pricing Team and Business Development Team, the Head of NI & ROI Sales will drive sales, revenue, performance, and business growth in their area. They will be responsible for developing and maximising new business with high profile customer accounts and pitching our world class, market leading products to key decision makers. The Head of NI & ROI Sales will build lasting relationships with a wide range of new and established customers in order to retain and maximise business.
- Be conversant in all Tobermore products to respond to the business needs and expectations of our customers and prospects.
- Set a sales development strategy for target markets and ensure it is in line with the overall Tobermore strategic direction.
- Work in conjunction with the Business Development Team to prioritise target market segments and customers.
- Develop and manage key customer relationships at regional and national level with a broad range of decision makers.
- Identify actual and prospective business and project opportunities and present our unique selling points to ensure we secure the order.
- In conjunction with the Pricing Team develop deals/rebates to grow sales.
- In conjunction with the Sales Managers drive sales through project selling, proactively identifying and tracking upcoming sales opportunities to ensure we secure the orders.
- Work closely with the Marketing Team to develop marketing strategies to support your customer and regional requirements.
- Actively use the CRM system and other internal business systems to monitor regional sales performance and project opportunity progress. Whilst also using the information to help establish accurate and informed sales forecasts in association with the senior management team.
- Review and report upon sales, team/specific key performance indicators, drawing conclusions from the data provided and acting upon areas that require improvement.
- Build and maintain relationships with the market/industry through attendance at industry related events.
- Act as the senior customer contact throughout the sales and service cycle.
- Line manage the NI & ROI Sales Team for their respective areas. This is a team of 7 people (3 NI & 4 ROI).
- Assign the regions customer base to the Sales Managers, setting sales targets, planning and prioritising their sales activities and monitoring their individual performance.
- Motivate and act as a role model for the Sales Managers, setting the highest possible standards and providing the best possible service for customers.
- Ensure that the Sales Managers are demonstrating best practices, whilst adopting the correct Tobermore sales techniques and tools.
- Be responsible for the recruitment and selection of high calibre new sales team members.
- Coach and develop the Sales Managers, ensuring their training and development needs are met and taking personal responsibility for raising their skills and standards.
- Undertake joint sales calls with the Sales Managers to provide additional support when necessary.
- Proactively manage human resources matters, such as performance management, employee relations and absence management within the Sales Team.
- Provide feedback and communicate on local market trading conditions to the senior management team.
- Build strong relationships and work collaboratively with all relevant internal stakeholders to ensure strategic objectives are agreed and achieved.
- Ensure an effective and constructive working relationship is maintained with other teams within the business.
- Hold regular team meetings, chairing and taking minutes at the meetings.
- Prepare sales performance reports and team reports for the Managing Director and the General Manager
- This job description is an outline of the post, as the General Manager currently perceives it. The post holder will be expected to contribute fully to the determination of other specific objectives. This job description will therefore be subject to change in detail and emphasis in the light of future developments.
- The Head of NI & ROI Sales will carry out any other functions determined necessary by the General Manager in order to deliver the aims and objectives of the Company.
- The Head of NI & ROI Sales may be required to work flexibly in terms of availability.
- The Head of NI & ROI Sales will be required to travel and stay away from home in keeping with the needs of the role. This will include travelling in NI, ROI & at times may be required to travel to GB.
Please click here for Job Description
To Apply please click the APPLY NOW button
Closing date: Friday 26th April 2019