Excellent opportunity for Graduate Electrical Engineer based in Dungannon.
Terex Corporation is a $4.5 billion, publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. The company is passionate about producing equipment that improves the lives of people around the world. Terex operations are global, yet each office or factory is a close-knit community. Terex provides team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. The company values diversity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage and citizenship. It encourages continuous improvement and offers free courses available through Terex University. Women@Terex provides a supportive network for Terex women in their jobs and careers. It’s an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector. Terex is a place where you can work and grow. Come talk to us!
Position Title: Graduate Electrical Engineer
Reporting to: MP Group Electrical Technology Director
Hours of work: 39.75 HOURS 8.00 AM – 5:00 PM MONDAY – THURSDAY, 8.00 AM – 2.15 PM FRIDAY
Working within the existing Materials Processing Electrical team, the Graduate Electrical Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of various aspects of machine control systems on the Terex MP range of Equipment manufactured in our Dungannon facility.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Aid development of all control system software and hardware for our mobile Screening and recycling product lines.
- Create detailed hardware designs for new product, including schematic design, panel layouts and harness design.
- Develop detailed Software Functional Design Specifications for all new products
- Support existing product portfolio upgrades through modification of existing designs
- Involvement in the new product development cycle through system level testing and validation
- Software testing and validation on new releases for existing product
- Support the Aftersales department with control system queries
- Follow Group engineering standards and associated IT systems, to ensure effective global management of released engineering data
- Ensure Control system designs conform to applicable legislations and standards
- Engage with product design groups, and electrical engineering team to ensure new system designs conform to customer and operator expectations
- Drawing and upkeep of control system schematics using the E3 CAD platform
- Modelling of Electrical harnesses in 3D environment as part of design process
- Engage with Engineering team to ensure control system commonality and continuity of design across the machine range
- Identify common control requirements and create standardised control functions
- Stay abreast of new developments in components and control system technology to nurture innovative control solutions
Experience & Qualifications:
- Degree educated or equivalent in Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Familiarity / understanding of standard Engineering Practices and Standards
- Clear understanding of Product testing procedures, documentation and validation
- Ability to read, understand and create electrical schematics and engineering drawings
- Good English communication skill, both written and spoken;
- Good Presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead projects from conception to on time delivery would be a distinct advantage
- Experience in E3 and or Harness 3D modelling would be an advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A “Can do” attitude and ability to interact with a multi-functional team.
- Ability to work with others to meet deadlines.
- Able to assess workload and commit to realistic timelines.
- Able to select from multiple design alternatives when a clear best choice is not evident.
- Able to investigate root cause of control system non-performance.
- Can identify risks both technical and commercial with proposed product change or new product
- Position is based in Dungannon, N. Ireland.
- Some travel will be required.
- Creativity and innovative thinking
This above description is non-exhaustive and there may be additional duties in accordance with the role.
All applicants must demonstrate through their application form, how they meet the criteria for the position applied for.
To apply for this role please click on the APPLY button below to be directed to our website.
Closing date for all applications will be no later than Friday 26th April 2019 at 2:00 pm