Location UK / Ulster
Job Type Permanent part-time
Salary Not disclosed
Updated 5 days ago
The role will involve taking a strategic view of developing Cairde Ui Fiaich and helping to secure short, medium- and long-term funding for the Charity.
Job Title: Fund Manager
Responsible to: Trustees
Status: Permanent, part time
The role of Fund Manager for Cairde Ui Fiaich is a vital role for the long-term sustainability of the organisation.
The role will involve taking a strategic view of developing Cairde Ui Fiaich and helping to secure short, medium- and long-term funding for the Charity. The postholder is responsible for identifying and securing external funding opportunities from a range of funding agencies to assist in improving business performance and further develop our activities.
The postholder will develop and lead the external funding strategy for the organisation, successfully tendering for funding of behalf of Cairde Ui Fiaich and in collaboration with key partners, where appropriate, in order to maximise income and support of our work. This will also involve the management of subscriptions received from those with a strong affinity and support of the Cardinal Tomás O Fiaich Memorial Library & Archive.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Developing a strategic plan that identifies funds and sources of funders/funds for culture
2. To identify new opportunities for funding.
3. Manage the process of seeking out appropriate funding for current and new activities and keep the Trustees up to date with funding opportunities
4. Keep abreast of Government initiatives and policy statements affecting our work and funding availability
5. Identify and scope out a range of partners at national, regional and local level and foster joint working and partnerships
6. Writing compelling funding applications on behalf of the organisation that are deliverable and viable
7. Ensure that feedback from all successful and unsuccessful bids are received in order to learn from submissions and implement actions to continue to improve
8. Managing and monitoring grants, fundraising budgets and financial targets
9. Produce reports for the Trustees on funding activities and progress
10. Manage the subscriptions received for the Cairde; identifying subscription targets alongside the Trustees and achieving the annual targets set
Marketing and PR responsibilities
11. Managing the content and delivery of the Newsletter of Cairde Ui Fiaich
12. Managing relations with existing stakeholders
13. Represent the organisation at a variety of events
14. Network and attend appropriate forums and meetings for information gathering purposes
15. Raise the profile of Cairde Ui Fiaich through networking and attending meetings and identifying opportunities for collaboration with other organisations
16. Report to the Trustees on the success of funding bids
17. Undertake any other reasonable tasks as commensurate with the post
In carrying out the duties and responsibilities set out within the Job Description and in the context of developing working relationships with others, the post holder will be expected to demonstrate commitment to the ethos of the organisation and to comply with the specific requirements and spirit of the organisations Equal Opportunities policy, This principle applies equally to all aspects of the role including any responsibilities relating to the provision and development of services.