Excellent opportunity for a FP&A Manager – Defence based in Dunmuury
FP&A Manager – Defence (FPAD550)
The FP&A Manager – Defence will report to the Defence Division Finance Director. The position is based at the Group’s Head Office in Dunmurry, Belfast, and will involve a limited amount of travel to some of the operating units both in the UK and overseas.
- The FP&A Manager – Defence will report to the Defence Division Finance Director. Primary duties will include, but will not be restricted to, the following:
- Perform analysis required to understand and challenge the key drivers of variances between monthly actual and latest forecast/budget and prior year for all elements of P&L, Balance Sheet ,Cashflow & order book
- Provide monthly margin analysis by division, region, sector and product, providing full commentary and KPI summaries, comparing activities to budget and forecasts to explain variances and trends.
- Benchmark regional profitability / financial performance and assist Divisional management with improving the financial performance of the division
- Preparation of ad-hoc analysis, interpretation and reporting for Business Partners
- Support the monthly forecasting and annual budgeting processes, assisting with narrative and sensitivity analysis to evaluate category plans and scenario planning
- Prepare monthly board pack including variance analysis and commentary relating to income statement, balance sheet, cash-flow and performance metrics with a particular emphasis on trading working capital
- Preparation of reports for lenders, including responding to ad hoc queries and supporting investor relations
- Financial analysis / modelling for Group strategic initiatives
- Ad hoc project analysis, and maintenance of relevant documentation, where required
- Educated to degree level, alternatively suitably “qualified by experience”
- Possession of a recognized professional accountancy qualification
- Previous experience within a financial/ accounting role providing analysis and possessing excellent attention to detail.
- Strong financial modelling skills, including use of pivot tables and manipulation of significant data.
- Strong presentation skills and superior knowledge of Microsoft Powerpoint
- Strong interpersonal skills; motivated to deliver a responsive, proactive service, and meet challenging deadlines.
- Superior communication skills, with experience working in multi-functional teams.
- Experience of a multi-currency reporting environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Willingness to take on new tasks and challenges
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
If you would like to apply, please click the APPLY button below to be directed to our career’s website.
Closing date: 17th April 2019
N.B. The Company reserves the right to enhance the above criteria in the event of an unprecedented high volume of applicants.
Survitec Group Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer committed to selection on the basis of merit and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We especially welcome applications from the Roman Catholic community.