Location UK / Belfast
Job Type Temporary part-time
Salary See description
Updated 7 days ago
Excellent opportunity for a Finance Training and Customer Relationship Manager based in Belfast
Finance Training and Customer Relationship Manager
PT (30 hpw) / Temp (2 years)
Queen’s University Belfast is one of the leading universities in the UK and Ireland, with a distinguished heritage and history. With over 24,000 students, 3,700 staff and an annual turnover of some £300m, Queen’s University Belfast plays a unique leadership role in Northern Ireland. As a member of the Russell Group of UK research-intensive universities, Queen’s University Belfast combines excellence in research and education with a student centred ethos.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and talented Training Manager to join Queen’s University. The post-holder will play a lead role within the Finance Directorate in the development and delivery of a comprehensive Finance Training Programme across all aspects of the finance business. The post-holder will improve the financial awareness and knowledge of all staff through the co-ordination of the Finance Training Programme, as well as lead in the dissemination of accessible and clear finance policies, procedures and processes.
The role will work with all teams in the Finance Directorate and take a lead role in developing the Directorate’s relationship with its key stakeholders. Please note that the position is available for 2 years, working on a part time basis (30 hours per week).
The successful candidate will:
– Lead the delivery and development of the Finance Training Programme which is targeted at all University staff at all levels. Ensure appropriate linkages are embedded between training materials and policies and procedures.
– Determine the most appropriate finance training, sourcing and delivery routes to ensure best value to the University. This will include content, design, creation and face to face delivery and making best use of training resources available, in conjunction, with other HEI’s and through, the British Universities Finance Directors Group (BUFDG).
– Design and deliver relevant engaging, effective, high quality financial training sessions, manage existing training materials and design new materials in a variety of formats.
– Monitor effectiveness of the Finance Training programme in terms of both quantitative and qualitative KPI’s. Assess the extent to which benefits and capacity building is being realised through the programme.
– Design and implement a training communication strategy making best use of corporate communication channels and new technologies.
Queen’s University has a generous benefits package to include 42 days annual leave (pro rata), 18% employer pension contribution and family friendly policies.
For full job details and essential/desirable criteria please refer to the candidate information link by clicking apply. You must clearly demonstrate how you meet the criteria on your application form
Further information about the Directorate can be found at //www.qub.ac.uk/directorates/FinanceDirectorate/
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
Anticipated interview date: Tuesday 7 and Wednesday 8 May 2019
Salary scale: £40,792 – £50,132 per annum (potential to progress to £53,175 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
Closing date: Monday 29 April 2019