To provide support for top-level executives by providing executive level administrative support.
Today Thompson is one of Northern Ireland’s most successful and fastest growing businesses employing over 1000 staff. The current industrial footprint covers 20,000 m2 across four sites located in the Portadown and Banbridge areas and includes full design, engineering, manufacturing and R&D capabilities.
Thompson Aero Seating is recognised for cutting edge design, engineering and manufacturing of premium class for flatbed airline seating. Our bespoke solutions maximize passenger’s personal space and, through intelligent design, optimise every inch of the cabin.
Role: Executive Summary
Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will assist the senior team.
To provide support for top-level executives by providing executive level administrative support by providing clerical support, receiving clients and visitors, arranging travel and correspondence, and scheduling meetings. May also be responsible for training and supervising lower level clerical staff.
Key tasks may include the following activities within the organisation:
- Extensive and complex diary management for the senior team, this will include logistics.
- Opening, sorting, and distributing correspondence, including email, faxes, and postal mail.
- Reading and analyzing submissions, letters, agendas, memos and determining significance; routing to appropriate personnel in a timely and efficient manner.
- Prepare reports, collect and analyze information; prepare presentations.
- Develop and utilize historical information; provide retrieval of information.
- Record meeting discussions and provide minutes.
- Liaise with clients and stakeholders, manage deadline and follow up as appropriate with regarding to reporting etc.
- Collating and organishing reports, including distribution and data management.
- Produce accurate documentation; take meeting notes and action points.
- Build up excellent stakeholder relationships both internally and externally to maximise the scope of the position.
- Supporting team on various projects as required.
- Maintain a high level of confidential information.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft software- including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years previous experience within a similar position.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability and capability to work with senior team and executive clients.
- Advanced MS Office experience
- Illustrate strong organisation skills with an ability to prioritise often with a conflicting workforce.
- Excellent planning skills.
- Able to adapt and succeed in a changing environment.
- Evidence of well-developed leadership skills.
- Preferred third level education certification. (not essential)