Excellent opportunity for Equipment Technician based in Belfast.
Icemos Technology Ltd
Job Title: Equipment Technician
Reporting to: Equipment/Facilities Manager
Basic Job function: To ensure that equipment at Icemos Technology is available for use when required, through the operation of the required planned maintenance schedule and timely non scheduled maintenance.
Overall Responsibility for: All equipment maintenance activity on Icemos Technology’s equipment and associated metrology.
Job responsibilities & duties:
- Learn the company goals and quality policy.
- Understand the cleanroom environment they work in and will be responsible for the cleanliness of their own environment and the site.
- Learn how the company quality system works and how this impacts their role.
- Actively work as part of the MRB team to reduce scrap.
- Monitor their own training plan and keep up to date
- Ensuring that all practices adopted on site comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Ensuring that all practices adopted on site comply with the Icemos code of business conduct and ethics policy
- Know the production line and to actively seek work.
- To work day shift and maintain an excellent timekeeping and attendance record.
- To work to the best of ones ability to ensure the success of the company.
- Ensuring all Preventive Maintenance activities relating to area equipment and associated metrology are performed when required – or if deferred, this is in agreement with the area engineer.
- Ensuring all calibration items relating to area equipment and their metrology is kept up to date and that no equipment out of calibration is used in production
- Processing per procedures all required Icemos Technology Ltd’s product, including SPC maintenance and data entry.
- Maintenance of a clean and tidy work area in fab and across the site.
- Continuous improvement of equipment maintenance activities to reduce the cost of maintenance and increase the availability of the tool set to production.
- Ensuring all appropriate tool qualifications are completed and recorded before tools are used for production
- Support the Process Development Engineer, implementing improvement activities to schedule.
- Development and implement experiments to identify root causes of failure and to prove that suggested improvement will eliminate the problem.
- Liaise with external suppliers on materials development to support process improvements.
- Ensure that all consumables are available to support manufacturing.
- Providing an example of best operating practice to all other staff in Icemos Technology Ltd, from a health and safety perspective as well as general professional standards. Ensure Fab housekeeping standards are maintained in accordance with published standards
- All other reasonable tasks required for the successful operation of Icemos Technology Ltd.
Skills & Abilities:
- Skilled experience in the maintenance, repair and operation of scientific or technical equipment in the specialty area to which assigned such as mechanical, electromechanical, electronics or in the specialized category requiring fabrication skills and some precision work, working with a variety of unique equipment and materials.
- Ideal candidate will have 1+ year equipment maintenance experience.
- Strong back ground in Equipment Maintenance
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand electrical schematics and pneumatic drawings, flow charts and cause and effect diagrams.
- Experience with common hand tools as well as various electronic instruments is required. Able to set up, operate and interpret output of test equipment to include, but not limited to digital volt-ohm meters, current and voltage sources.
- Able to troubleshoot electronic circuits to component
- Works on complex assignments requiring judgment in resolving issues
- Ability to learn and understand process flow quickly, and support the engineering organization as needed
- Ability to identify machine parts and coordinate replacement with vendors
- Ability to respond to off shift call in requests
- Able to troubleshoot to root cause and analyze collected data for continuous improvement.
- An ability to prioritize work to best focus on activities that yield the best overall result for the company
- Effective presentation and communication skills
- An interest in engaging with others to learn, teach, cooperate and positively impact the company’s goals
- High level attention to detail
- Self-motivator; ability to work independently under general guidance and direction
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
Benefits and how to apply
- Starting Salary 25800 + (Negotiable on experience)
- Private Health & Dental
- Company Pension Scheme
Hours of work
12 hour shifts – 7:30am to 7:30pm
4 days on shift 4 days off shift
To apply please click the APPLY NOW button below and send CV