Excellent opportunity for an Environmental and Quality Advisor Cookstown
McAleer & Rushe, established in 1967, is a leading privately owned Design and Build Construction Company. Working throughout the UK and Ireland, specialising in substantial mixed use City centre regeneration projects, we have completed over 20,000 hotel rooms, 2 million sq ft of offices, 10,000 residential units and are on target to complete 7,500 purpose built student beds by 2018. For more information, please visit www.mcaleer-rushe.co.uk
Due to recent project success and continued growth, we currently have a permanent opportunity available for the following:
Environmental and Quality Advisor
Our SHEQ (Health, Safety, Environment and Quality) Department provides group wide services to McAleer and Rushe Contracts UK Ltd and extended groups. As the Environmental and Quality Officer, you will be responsible for monitoring on site activities to ensure all employees, sub-contractors and visitors comply with M&R Environmental policies.
- Assist project teams in the application of M&R Environmental and Quality policies and procedures including site specific environmental plans and risk assessments (waste management, carbon footprint monitoring, pollution control, sustainable sourcing of materials ecology and Considerate Constructors Best Practice);
- Communicate the requirements of current environmental legislation and the ISO 14001 standard;
- Communicate the requirements of current quality standards and ISO 9001 standard;
- Offer assistance and guidance to Project Managers in drafting and developing site specific Environmental and Site Waste Management Plans;
- Assists in the BREEAM and CSH co-ordination of projects during the construction and post construction phase of projects ensuring site teams are collating necessary evidence;
- Completes environmental training for all new employees and sub – contractors maintaining accurate records;
- Liaise with subcontractors on all environmental and quality snags during the design, construction, commissioning & handover of schemes;
- Conduct environmental and quality audits observing workers to ensure they are following company environmental policies and highlight any non-conformances
- Assists with the development for environmental and quality initiatives;
- Assists the Environmental & Quality Manager and site teams in promoting environmental/ sustainability principles to ensure compliance and best practice e.g. the Considerate Constructors Scheme and site specific assistance;
- Participates in site progress meetings and complete environmental and quality investigation reports; and
- Attend regular SHEQ meetings and training as required.
Education / Experience:
- A degree / HND in a construction or business-related discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a similar role
- Experience of working in a busy, deadline driven working environment is essential as the role demands the ability to handle multiple submissions simultaneously.
- Experience of using databases, spreadsheets and the internet for reporting purposes.
- Experience of creating professional documentation to a very high standard with particular focus on accuracy
- Creative flair coupled with the drive to produce bespoke tailored documents that accurately portray and sell the company
- Demonstrates high levels of commitment and a pro-active attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and to develop good working relationships with all company departments.
To apply for this role please forward your CV by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below
**Closing date for the receipt of applications is Tuesday, 22nd April 2019**
McAleer & Rushe is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.