This key position holds responsibility for the safe and successful design of a wide range of automation systems into the construction industry
Job Title: Electrical Design Manager
Reporting To: Operations Manager
Purpose: This key position holds responsibility for the safe and successful design of a wide range of automation systems into the construction industry
Pneutrol International Limited are a family owned company who deliver high quality bespoke control systems mainly for the concrete industry. The company has over 1600 systems installed mainly in the UK and Ireland but with the development of their telematics business they now provide innovative systems throughout the world. www.pneutrolsystems.com
Key Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Design and modify electrical circuits using our electrical design packages
- Design electrical cable schedules and termination schedules
- Design panel layouts
- Complete projects on time
- Produce bills of materials for projects
- Produce drawings from quotations
- Liaise with stores and procurement to ensure parts are ordered and delivered to correspond with production schedules and installation deadlines.
- Create parts lists for all items included in projects
- Compile job files for projects containing drawings, test certificates, check lists, calibration certificates, parts lists, recommended spare parts lists, manuals, user guides and documentation from manufactures that we have integrated into our systems.
- Ensure all systems and designs produced are safe and have been thoroughly risk assessed to ensure the appropriate level of safety has been achieved
- Test and assess any panels or enclosures to ensure they meet the requirements of the machinery, EMC and electrical regulations.
- Provide technical support and breakdown assistance when required
- Establish challenging but realistic personal targets which will be reviewed periodically by the Managing Director.
- Contribute positively to the business and financial performance of the company.
- In conjunction with the technical team help to identify, analyse and qualify areas of improvement in all aspects of system design and operation
- Provide technical guidance to the Managing Director to evolving technologies and market trends.
- Maintain quality surveillance on a project by project basis to ensure that high level, error free solutions are delivered and the appropriate post project analysis is conducted to minimise errors on future projects.
- Maintain and update the software and system databases so that all solutions are properly achieved and recorded in line with the standards of the best ISO quality systems
- Collaborate with the management team to formulate and implement the short, medium and long term strategies for company development and ensure the appropriate transition of these strategies into time referenced objectives that allow for meaningful audit of business practice and success.
- Build a good relationship with existing and new customers to maintain and promote the company name
- Ensure that customer care is highly reflected throughout all aspects of work undertaken and that any faults are resolved in a time appropriate manner
- Conduct all duties in a safe and careful manner to ensure the safety of yourself and others
- Ability to work overtime as and when required to ensure projects are delivered within the agreed timescale. Normal working hours 08:30-17:00 Monday to Friday. Standard Overtime Monday – Friday 08:00-20:00.
- Any other duties, within reason and capability, as determined by the Managing Director.
Skills and Qualifications
Candidates should have an array of useful skills as well as the appropriate educational background to meet the demands of the job. Some of these skills include organization, interpersonal skills and the ability to work under pressure. The educational background that is required for this type of position is normally a degree in an engineering discipline, such as mechanical, electrical, electronic or software engineering; however candidates with lesser qualifications but proven and wide ranging knowledge in engineering disciplines will be considered.
Candidates must have a good sense of responsibility and have the ability to meet strict deadlines. Strong analytical, teamwork and communication skills are very important, as is the ability to work well under pressure and in fast-paced work environments. We expect candidates to be good at making plans, coordinating schedules, and facilitating communications among the contractors and technicians with specialised skill sets who work independently of one another.
Candidates should be have a proven understanding of the following :
- Designing electrical systems and control panel layouts
- Have good electrical knowledge
- AUTOCAD ELECTRICAL or a similar design package
- Machinery safety and the low voltage / machinery directive
- IEE regulations BS 7671
Please forward your CV via the APPLY button below.
Closing date: 10th May 2019