The Door and Gates Engineer will complete project works, reactive response and planned maintenance services to a wide variety of public and private sector clients throughout Northern Ireland
H&J Martin Ltd (part of the Lagan Specialist Contracting Group) are now recruiting for Industrial Door Engineers
Company: Asset Management Services
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location: Northern Ireland Various
The successful applicant(s) will join the existing and successful Door & Gate Solutions team, part of H&J Martin Asset Management Services. The Engineer will complete project works, reactive response and planned maintenance services to a wide variety of public and private sector clients throughout Northern Ireland. Please see our website for more information on our services and the contracts you might be working on:
What you’ll do
The following reflect the main tasks associated with the position and are not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive:
- Responsible for the full installation of industrial door and other related systems. The engineer will travel to customer locations, install, program and commission systems in compliance with current relevant standards. This requires the engineers to have a deep understanding of the current regulations and best working practice, allied to strong product knowledge and a practical aptitude to ensure successful project delivery.
- In addition to new project delivery, the engineer will be required to respond to reactive fault calls. Here they will troubleshoot faulty systems to reach an accurate diagnosis enabling the repair to be affected with the aim of achieving a functioning and compliant system.
- The engineer will also be required to perform planned maintenance services to Industrial Door and other related systems. During these visits, systems will be checked to confirm that they are still fit for purpose regarding how the building may have changed either structurally or with how it is used. The engineer with check that the system is functioning fully and will look to anticipate what actions need to take place to achieve the aim of reduced unplanned fault callouts between service visits.
- For each task, the engineer will complete the necessary paperwork (increasingly electronic type), noting all work performed, materials used and any further action necessary to achieve a compliant system.
- The engineer is expected to embrace the opportunities that will be given to broaden their knowledge and gain qualifications within the Industrial Door industry and other associated sectors. Such other sectors include automatic gates, automatic barriers and pedestrian automatic doors.
- To provide 24 hour call-out cover on a rota basis
- To carry out any other job specific duties as deemed appropriate
What you’ll bring
As an Industrial Door Engineer your main skills and experience will include:
- To have experience in the installing, servicing and repairing of industrial doors with experience in associated and relevant sector being very desirable.
- Be demonstrably competent in working with electrical systems.
- Have strong mechanical engineering aptitude.
- Experience with setting up, diagnosing and adjusting electronic/digital controls that are increasing found on door and gate equipment.
- Knowledge of relevant industry products, installation and safety requirements.
- A strong desire to learn and develop addition relevant qualifications and skills.
- Excellent diagnostic and fault-finding skills to resolve issues in a logical manner.
- Having a relevant industrial qualification (such as a DHF diploma or ADSA Registered) would be advantageous.
- Possessing relevant CSR card, IPAF and/or PASMA cards will be desirable
Key Competencies additional to the trade skills above
- To have good verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare reports and complete service call-out documentation.
- To have the ability to work creatively and innovatively dealing with core issues with customers.
- To have the ability to form good working relationships with colleagues, customers and outside bodies.
- To have the ability to understand and disseminate specifications and technical drawings.
- To be able to display initiative and to have strong attention to detail.
- To be highly result orientated with a strong drive to deliver/succeed.
- To have good organisational and time management skills.
- To be computer literate.
- Hold a full driving license.
How we’ll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus we’ll provide a wide selection of lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Our Core Benefits include:
- Employer Pension Contribution
- Membership of relevant Institutions & Professional Bodies
- Health Cash Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
At Lagan Specialist Contracting Group, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we’ll work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we’ll do whatever we can to help.
We wish you every success in your application.
To apply for this post please click on the following link:
The closing date for completed applications is Friday 26th April 2019 at 12noon
LAGAN SPECIALIST CONTRACTING GROUP ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITES EMPLOYER