Excellent opportunity for DevOps Infrastructure Support Engineer (shift work) based in Belfast.
DevOps Infrastructure Support Engineer (shift work)
Job ID #: 15577
Job Category: Software Engineering
Primary Location: Belfast
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you passionate about and dedicated to delivering high quality support to (SaaS) customers? The Secure Identity group build, maintain and operate High Availability solutions based on the latest standards and technologies and aiming at securing cellular IoT and consumer devices bound to be deployed by trillions in the coming years.
Our technology is on the cutting edge of the enterprise and cellular grade Internet of Things, with comprehensive support of multiple access technologies, we’re on our way to connecting a trillion devices. Do you believe that in the future, all devices should be able to be connected, with no compromise on quality, security or privacy?
You have the opportunity to develop and support technology that changes the future of all IOT devices in the world and how they harmonize with the environment we live in. In this position you work within our operations teams working a Panama Plus 24/7 365 shift schedule based at our Belfast Arm office in Northern Ireland.
You will be expected to:
- Collaborate with and work as part of a team, with DevOps applications and network engineers developing & supporting the Kigen SaaS infrastructure on a Panama shift schedule (24/7)
- Support a scalable infrastructure to handle data for hundreds of billions of devices. You track and document all Incidents worked on in detail and attend post incident reviews.
- Investigate, Diagnosis & Resolve Incidents, analysis of monitoring, logs and system behaviour to resolve Incidents as quickly as possible in accordance with customer contractual Service Levels
- Monitor infrastructure performance and capacity and develop and implement improvements
- Adhere to Standard operating procedures
- Provide feedback to help Problem Management and Continuous Service Improvement
- Coordinate and collaborate with 3rd Party vendors, customer contacts and other Arm IT teams
- Learn from engineering teams to develop an understanding of Arm’s Remote SIM Provisioning technology
- Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl, Ruby or Shell Scripting
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems internals and administration
- Experience with networking (e.g.: TCP/IP, routing, network topologies, hardware and SDN)
- You will have working knowledge of monitoring and logging tools used in SAAS environments
- Experience with troubleshooting (e.g.: Wireshark)
- As a Support Engineer you possess strong communication and interpersonal skills and are keen to keep developing them further
- Expertise with large scale distributed systems
- The drive and motivation to support and maintain a world leading SAAS deployment combined with a sense of ownership
- Ability to debug and optimise code
- Ability to automate and document routine tasks
- Evidence of working within a security framework such as ISO27001
- Support experience with Carriers and MVNOs a huge plus
- ITIL v3 Foundation desirable
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
- Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
- Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
To Apply please click the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to our website.