Excellent opportunity for a DevOps Engineer based in Belfast.
Title: DevOps Engineer
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
Database Advisor Team is looking to expand our Database DevOps team with a primary responsibility on automation and scripting. This role would be responsible for automation across multiple database platforms.
Responsibilities include (but aren’t limited to):
- Drive productivity with focus on automation and continuous improvement.
- Create and manage processes, scripts and automation pipelines for software build, integration and deployment of database and associated resources (parameter groups, option groups, instance types, storage, security groups, etc.).
- Create, test, and maintain automation pipelines for database admin resources
- Partner with key stakeholders, including Scrum and Delivery teams to meet business goals.
- Partner with developers, testing teams and cloud engineering peers to design and develop automated and secure database hosting solutions for continuous build, test, and deployment.
- Follow and adopt industry best practices/solutions and pursue continuous improvement opportunities in SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) processes and practices, drive for automation and self- services.
- Communicate and partner with the delivery and support teams for production deployment/release, knowledge transfer and documentation.
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment. EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.
- 3 Years DevOps Experience
- Knowledge of Linux (Red Hat or Ubuntu) and Windows Operating System administration
- Experience with Cloud Technologies using AWS or Azure
- Knowledge of Cloud deployment tools such as, Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation.
- Ability to script in at least one language (bash or powershell)
- Working knowledge in the broad field of DevOps with a focus on CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GitHub or similar
- Knowledge of Cloud deployment tools such as, Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation, AWS or Azure Certification
- Solid written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge and experience of database platforms architecture with technologies such as Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Experience of software development best practices such as SDLC, Agile, Scrum, Kanban
Apply Here: To Apply please click the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to our website.
Closing Date: Friday 19th April 2019
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.