Excellent opportunity for Designer based in Newry.
Job Title: Designer
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join the Design department within the highly successful MJM Group and to become a valued part of a dynamic, highly motivated team. The successful Applicant will have the opportunity to obtain job fulfilment and to progress his/her career in a Company which places particular emphasis on Investment in its People.
The interview process will be two-fold- competency based and practical.
- Quantify and order materials for contractual items to be produced at MJM
- Produce production drawings, job sheets and cutting lists for MJM production department
- Produce production drawings for external suppliers
- Compile drawing packages for site requirements
- Liaise with other MJM departments to ensure design input into the contract is as required
- Produce ‘As Built’ drawing package for the client on contract completion
- Travelling off site to work for a period of time as and when required to include carrying out site surveys and providing design assistance at contract installation
- All other duties as requested by management
- Full AutoCAD capabilities to include use of Xrefs. Practical proof of level of competency will be required, if shortlisted for interview.
- 5 years+ experience in a design office environment.
- Good computer literacy Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Previous experience onsite setting out or in a joinery / metal fabrication business.
- Previous design experience on marine or land based construction projects
- Solidworks capabilities
- 3rd level degree or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in creating a cutting list for production purposes.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate their adherence to the Criteria in the application form. You will be expected to participate in education, training or development as is necessary, to enable the company to achieve the company’s objectives as communicated to you.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to our website.
You will be directed to the complete the following steps:
- Click on ‘Apply for this job’
- Complete the application form online.
- Download the application form after completion
- Save the downloaded form
- Upload the downloaded form to the site
Completed application forms should be submitted by 26th April 2019 at 5pm.
MJM are an equal opportunity employer.