Location UK / Northern Ireland
Job Type Permanent full-time
Salary See description
Updated 1 day ago
KPMG is seeking to recruit a strong Assistant Manager who is interested in working within our corporate finance team, based in Belfast
Are you an ambitious, forward thinking high-achiever seeking continued growth and progression? Are you looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to work on interesting projects? If so KPMG can help to match your ambition.
KPMG have ambitious plans and are undergoing a period of growth. We can offer opportunities for progression, challenging projects, a market-leading learning and development programme and a collaborative environment.
We are seeking to recruit a strong Assistant Manager who is interested in working within our corporate finance team, based in Belfast, which was recently voted Northern Ireland CF Advisory Firm of the Year 2018.
The role will predominantly be focused on the provision of commercial, financial and procurement advice to support the delivery of major government infrastructure and service procurement projects across all sectors. Example sectors include telecommunications, IT & digital, transport, regeneration and property, housing, health, education and utilities.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Development of business cases, procurement documentation and analytical reports.
• Commercial analysis and structuring of deal features.
• Financial analysis and financial modelling related to transactions.
• Working directly with the senior management team (at Partner, Director and Associate Director level) on engagements.
• Supervising junior staff.
• Client-facing interaction with senior decision-makers in both the public and private sector.
• Exposure to transaction negotiations and contract development.
• Supporting clients with the management of contracts with suppliers during project delivery and operation.
• Assisting with the preparation of tender documents and proposals
• A professional accountancy qualification is optional however proficiency in the interpretation and analysis of financial information is essential.
• Minimum of four years in a professional environment. Experience within corporate finance or management consultancy is preferred but not essential.
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, including report writing skills.
• Financial modelling experience is ideal but not essential
• Strong academic record
• Excellent drive, enthusiasm and commitment and a keen interest in developing a career in corporate finance and government contracting.
KPMG Corporate Finance
KPMG Corporate Finance is a leading adviser in the corporate finance market. A career in KPMG Corporate Finance provides an opportunity to get involved in some of the most important and complex projects in both Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Our team is based in Belfast and Dublin and is an integral part of the KPMG Corporate Finance international network.
We believe that KPMG offers excellent career development opportunities for the following reasons:
• Our leading position in the market means that you will work and learn from the leading professionals, advising on some of the most high profile deals in both Ireland and Northern Ireland
• This also means genuine opportunities for career progression and promotion – KPMG has a strong track record in recognising and rewarding experience and ability
• Strong international network – we work closely with our colleagues throughout the world, both on particular projects, and more generally in delivering a strong global service for our clients
We offer excellent remuneration packages at all levels. At Associate Director/ Senior Manager level the package includes an extremely competitive base salary, performance based bonus along with a KPMG flexible benefits package
We take pride in recognising and rewarding hard work and achievement through regular promotions, which take place twice yearly.
Your development is assured through on-the-job training and a comprehensive programme of workshop sessions ran by the KPMG Business School.
If you are interested in the above role, please submit a CV via the apply button. If you have any specific queries on the role, please contact Sinead Galvin.
For an interactive insight into life at KPMG, make sure to follow us on social media! We can be found on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Snapchat at the following handle- @KPMGCareersIRL.
By clicking apply to this role your application will not only be considered for this position but your details will be stored on our database and may be considered for similar future positions that may arise. This means that the personal data contained in your application and provided to KPMG as part of the application process may be retained by us for up to 18 months from the date of your application and you hereby agree to that. If you do not wish your details to be stored on our recruitment database please email KPMG Careers stating this and we will ensure that such information is not stored other than for the purposes of this application and you hereby agree to that.