Excellent opportunity for Contract Manager based in Newry.
Job Title: Contract Manager
Due to significant growth, an opportunity as arisen to join the Contracts Department at the highly successful MJM Marine. The role is based at the Company’s head office in Newry, Co. Down and will involve international travel. The successful Applicant will be responsible for successfully managing the delivery of contracts and will become part of a dynamic, award winning company which places particular emphasis on Investment in People.
He/ She will have the opportunity to develop their previous project management experience whilst adding value to a highly motivated and results driven team.
- Ensure awareness of relevant contractual terms in your capacity as Contract Manager
- Ensure team members are aware of contractual terms which impact on their duties
- Ensure all aspects of the work carried out meet with contractual requirements and that the contract is delivered on time, within budget and of excellent quality
- Liaise with all internal departments as necessary to ensure the successful delivery of the contract
- Provide leadership and direction to Assistant Contract Managers and all employees involved in the delivery of the contract
- Develop a good working relationship with Customers to include liaising with the Customer to ensure understanding of the contractual terms and the Customer’s expectations
- Dealing with any complaints in an efficient and effective manner
- Ensure correct manpower is allocated to the contract to meet with requirements and manage variances in manpower
- Ensure that all travel and logistical arrangements are sufficient for delivery to be as per the Customer’s requirements
- Manage all Contractual variances to include adequate recording of variances and obtaining agreement on price by liaising with the relevant Company personnel
- Identify subcontractors and agree favourable subcontractor terms, in conjunction with the relevant company personnel contract
- Manage the performance of the subcontractors to ensure delivery by the subcontractors of the highest quality of work at all times
- Work with the Planning Department and other relevant departments to produce a realistic programme for contract delivery and ensure that the programme is adhered by all relevant personnel
- Provide informative and accurate reports to your Manager, in a manner acceptable to the said Manager, at agreed intervals, advising on the progress of the contracts
- Ensure optimum use of all resources available to assist with the contract delivery
- Ensure all contractual requirements have been met to enable prompt payment
- Responsibility for the overall health and safety requirements involved in delivering the contract
- To provide advice, guidance and direction as required to other Companies with a common shareholder
- To transfer to a similar role with another Company with a common shareholder, if required by the Company
- To make effective use of your communication, negotiating, influencing, analytical, problem solving, planning and organising skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- To undertake extensive travel as part of the role
- To effectively use computer programmes as provided by the Company
- Other duties as directed by Management which fall within the reasonable remit of the job description
- At least 2 years previous experience working as a Contract Manager in a fit-out indus-try
- GCSE or equivalent qualification in English and Maths
- Good computer literacy including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Must be prepared to undertake extensive travel as part of the role
- Competent in Microsoft Project
- Educated to Degree Level
- Previous experience working as a Contracts Manager in the Marine fit out industry
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate their adherence to the Criteria in the application form. You will be expected to participate in education, training or development as is necessary, to enable the company to achieve the company’s objectives as communicated to you.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to our website.
You will be directed to the complete the following steps:
- Click on ‘Apply for this job’
- Complete the application form online.
- Download the application form after completion
- Save the downloaded form
- Upload the downloaded form to the site
Completed application forms should be submitted by 26th April 2019 at 5pm.
MJM are an equal opportunity employer.