The Ulster Farmers Union are seeking to recruit a Communications Officer based at our head office in Belfast. The purpose of role is to support the Communications Manager in the daily running of the Communications Department.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, review and evaluation of the UFU Communications Strategy and associated plans (e.g. Social media strategy).
- Plan, write, create, upload, and review/monitor content for the UFU website and other social media platforms (e.g. videos, images, graphics, etc).
- Assist the Communications Manager with internal communications.
- Produce and edit UFU Watch for Farming Life.
- Produce press releases, articles, member’s bulletin and policy bulletin.
- Handle media enquiries, including responding directly to journalists.
- Build good working relationships with journalists and media outlets.
- Manage the design and procurement of promotional materials and corporate publications (e.g UFU Annual Report).
- Assist UFU Group PRO’s.
- Deliver e-communications services to UFU members (e.g Members Bulletin)
- Monitor and update UFU social media platforms.
- Assist with the co-ordination of UFU presence at events, such as the Balmoral Show and the Winter Fair.
- Organise media training for staff, Office Bearers, and Policy Committee Chairs.
- Assist with UFU membership initiatives.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the agriculture industry and agricultural policy issues.
- Where necessary you may be required to work outside normal office hours and to undertake overseas travel.
For further details of the role and application form please click on the APPLY NOW button below
Closing date for applications: 26th April 2019 at 4pm
Assessment day: 9th May 2019
Interview: 21st May 2019