Northern Ireland Hospice has an exciting opportunity for a Café Manager to join their team at the Old School House Café. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring the effective operation of the Café and providing income generation for the Hospice.
Post: Café Manager
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week (flexible to work evenings and weekends)
Salary: £23,000 per annum
Location: The Old School House Cafe, Somerton House, Belfast
- Diploma in Hospitality management (or equivalent qualification) or 3 years relevant experience and; Level 2 Food Hygiene qualification
- Able to work flexible hours to support the needs of the business and opening structure.
- A proven record of effectively managing and developing sales / profit in a café/coffee shop or in a hospitality related service
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of safe food practices
- Experience of supervising others, including managing performance and a proven record of training and developing
- Experience of working in a team with the ability to motivate others and the ability to relate effectively to volunteers to encourage their participation
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to diplomatically handle concerns from customers, staff and volunteers
Additional skills/knowledge required:
- IT literate and have the ability to use social media to advertise and raise the profile of the café
- Skilled in the use of EPOS and coffee shop equipment.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills for managing business admin and personnel matters
- Ability to work independently and confidently to make own decisions
- Ability to cope well under pressure
- Demonstrate good business awareness for achieving a successful performance
- Possess strong planning and organisational skills in order to run a streamlined operation
- Problem-solving ability to resolve issues as they arise
- Demonstrable skills in providing financial and management information
- Barista trained
- Experience of managing volunteers
- Experience working for a charity
For further information and to apply please visit the ‘Join Us’ section on our website. Alternatively you can contact a member of the People & Development Team on 02890781836.
Please note a waiting list will be generated from successful applicants.