Excellent opportunity for Purchasing Buyer based in Omagh.
Position Title :Purchasing Buyer
Location : Omagh
Reporting to :Purchasing Manager
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for scheduling the flow of production parts from domestic and international suppliers to meet daily production demands. This will be achieved through the effective scheduling, ordering and expediting of parts to achieve an optimum level of inventory to efficiently support production.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule flow of Production parts to meet daily Production demand.
- Interpret and implement Sales and Operational Plans
- Manage a portfolio of suppliers, developing and maintaining successful supplier relationships.
- Release of orders to the supplier network based on current demand.
- Provide supplier forecasts based on latest S&OP information.
- Continuously improve forecasting techniques for long lead items, optional parts and kanban supply.
- Provide accurate and timely monthly reports – identify business risks and opportunities.
- Push for improved Supplier performance and challenge to reduce supplier lead times.
- Provide analysis and suggest actions on current stock holding in relation to existing E&O reports.
- Work with suppliers to help them support our Production/Quality expectations with view to cost reduction opportunities.
- Manage supplier Engineering Change pricing, scheduling and implementation.
- Maintain accurate supplier pricing.
- Issue and Management of Tenders, Resourcing and Cost Saving Projects.
- Support Production and attend morning lineside meeting as part of Manufacturing Area Teams.
- Administration tasks associated with job role.
- Perform additional duties at the request of the Purchasing Manager
- Educated to HND Level in a relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Material Planning/Purchasing
- Demonstrate experience of SAP, Oracle or other MRP systems
- Good mathematical & analytical skills
- Good problem solving skills and self motivated
- Strong Communication Skills both verbal and written.
- Good IT skills with demonstrable experience of MS Office especially MS Excel Intermediate Level
- Demonstrate proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impact
- Experience operating in an engineering environment
- CIPS Qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrate examples of Cost Savings Projects and Tender experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highest level of integrity, respect, honesty and trust
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Good Business Acumen
- Self-motivated with high energy to drive for results
- Must be able to work in a team environment and take a lead role on projects.
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines in Manufacturing Environment
- Negotiation skills
- Customer focus
- Dependable and committed
- Drive for results
- Excellent listening skills
- Business Acumen
- Dependable and committed
All applicants must demonstrate through their application form how they meet the criteria for the position applied for. We reserve the right to enhance our selection criteria at the short listing stage, if required.
To apply for this role and view all available positions within Terex, please visit our careers page
Closing date – 29 April 2019
TEREX is an equal opportunity employer and appointments are based on merit. We value diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.