Excellent opportunity for a Business Banking Manager based in the Portadown area
Business Banking Manager
Reference: 00352 – Please quote this reference on all correspondence
Location: Portadown area
Are you interested in a role within Business Banking?
Danske Bank (UK) is one of the leading retail banks in Northern Ireland, with around 1,400 employees and a network of branches and regional business centres across Northern Ireland. We are part of the Danske Bank Group which is headquartered in Copenhagen and is one of the leading financial enterprises in northern Europe, operating in 15 countries. Our Vision is to be recognised as the best bank in Northern Ireland for our customers, colleagues, partners and society. We’re Northern Ireland’s most profitable company and we’re different to other banks in Northern Ireland – our CEO is based here and it’s here that decisions are made.
As a Business Banking Manager you are responsible for managing a complex portfolio of Business customers. Your job is to develop the profitability of each individual customer, to manage the customer credit, and improve customer satisfaction and loyalty. You will also engage in the acquisition of new customer relationships.
As a Business Banking Manager your key areas of responsibility will be:
- To maintain and develop relationships with key persons within the portfolio managed and general industry segment.
- To acquire and develop productive new customer relationships and to develop relationships and grow business with the existing customers.
- Prepare and implement solutions (both Business and Personal) that meet the customers’ needs and at the same time create value for both the customer and the bank.
- To manage customer credit in accordance with Bank policy and procedure and approve credit applications within a Delegated Lending Authority.
- To ensure that any specific specialist needs of the customer are identified and the customer is referred to the relevant specialist business unit for advice.
- Ensure the effective management of risk in relation to all customer portfolios managed.
- Contribute to the development of a high performance team around the customer, through coordination of efforts and sharing of best practice and professional knowledge.
- To ensure customers are met by advice and service compliant with all existing legal, regulatory and voluntary code obligations, and all Bank standards, policies, processes and procedures.
- Commitment to implementation of new advisory tools and solutions.
- To enhance the profile and reputation of Danske Bank in the community by maintaining good relations with customers, referral partners and other business contacts and by demonstrating commitment to the local area.
- To ensure all activities are aligned to the core values thereby ensuring fair treatment of all customers.
- Business Banking Manager Portadown area
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
- An experienced business lender.
- Experience managing a portfolio of complex customers.
- Proven track record of managing a portfolio of Business customers.
- A proven track record of acquiring new business from new and existing clients.
- Experience of developing new business through relationships with business referral partners.
- Sound understanding of a variety of business sectors and appropriate financing needs.
- Good knowledge of specialist and personal products and services offered in the Banking Sector.
- A proven track record of delivering excellent customer service leading to excellent customer satisfaction scores.
- Self-motivated and competitive drive leading to achievement of stretching growth targets.
- Ability to develop and strengthen customer relationships both internally and externally.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to meet tight timescales.
- Analytical and logical approach to problem-solving with ability to evaluate complex data and to make considered decisions.
- Sound understanding of the economic climate, and an ability to read and respond to the risks and opportunities in the local market.
- Clear & concise communication skills (both oral and written) with the ability to explain complex information or to respond to questioning in a clear, simplified and concise manner.
- Strong negotiating & influencing skills.
- Able to motivate by positive encouragement, training, development, coaching and by own actions/example.
- Ability to prepare and deliver structured presentations to major Businesses.
Please ensure that all relevant details are included on your CV as only information provided will be used in the selection process.
The role holder will be required to travel throughout Northern Ireland. Hours of Work will be 35 hours per calendar week. A 6 month probationary period applies in this role. Relocation is not available.
Salary Range and Grade
£42,337 – £56,500
Salary and Benefits:
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Support for further education on our Danske Bank Professional Education Pathway
- Membership of the Danske Bank Employee Pension Plan – The Bank will contribute up to 10% of your salary
- Funded healthcare plan
- Discounts on Danske Bank UK financial products
How to Apply
To apply please click the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to our website.
Closing date for applications – 11.59pm Midnight on Sunday 28th April 2019
If you have a disability, which means you require assistance during any stage of the application process, please call HR Services on 028 9004 8500.
Danske Bank is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all.