The successful candidate will join a busy, fast moving Finance Department assisting the Finance Director and Financial Controller in all aspects of reporting and analysis.
AGRO Merchants is a global cold chain solutions business dedicated to delivering superior fresh and frozen food handling solutions through our international facility network using local market knowledge with a focus on customer care and sustainability.
Based at our site in Lurgan, this position is wide ranging with involvement in many areas of the business and will include the following
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts to set deadlines;
- Review of balance sheet control accounts and preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation and posting of accruals, prepayments and all necessary journals
- Reconciliation of weekly wages
- Assist with statutory returns including VAT
- Complete monthly bank and intercompany reconciliations in the accounting system.
- Prepare and maintain fixed assets registers
- Preparation of weekly/monthly KPI’s
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of financial procedures and controls ensuring all statutory forms and surveys are completed within a timely manner.
- Support the development of financial management information systems
- Work with management to carry out ad-hoc duties
The ideal candidate will
- be working towards their ACCA, ACA, IATI or CIMA qualification or be qualified by experience to perform the role.
- have 2-3 years minimum experience in an accounts based role
- have functional knowledge of general accounting processes
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- be organised and have the ability to multi task.
- work well using their own initiative, problem solving when required.
- have experience working to deadlines individually and as part of a team demonstrating commitment, enthusiasm and flexibility.
- be IT literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- be someone who thrives in a fast moving environment and enjoys new challenges.
If you feel you meet the above criteria and wish to be considered for this exciting opportunity, then please submit your application before 5pm on 17 April 2019.
AGRO Merchants are an Equal Opportunities Employer.