Excellent opportunity for a Administration Officer based in Newtownabbey
Post: Administration Officer
Reporting to: Support Services Manager
Hours: 18 per week (Term Time)
Salary: NJC Scale 11–13, £17,007– £17,391 pro-rata
Duration: Permanent following a six-month probation period
- Operate Truancy and Parent Call system.
- Operate SIMS C2K system.
- Operate manual and computerised information systems in connection with pupils’ meals, transport, etc.
- Provide general administrative, clerical and secretarial services including filing, photocopying, faxing and emailing as and when required.
- Assist with processing orders and invoices when required.
- Assist with mailshots and circulars as and when required.
- Assist with summer administrative tasks.
- Scheduling student/parental interviews, providing staff with associated paperwork.
- Convey messages to and from caretaking staff as and when required.
- Assist with completion and submission of Education & Library Board bus pass returns as required.
- Liaise with various Education Boards and TransLink, on matters relating to bus passes, bus schedules, free school meals, uniform grants, etc.
- Greet visitors on arrival and deal with them accordingly. Bring visitors to their meeting point if necessary.
- Answer calls, receiving and returning messages courteously, accurately and promptly.
- Operate email system for the delivery of messages, etc.
- Provide general advice and information to callers.
- Provide and issue relevant information to parents of prospective students.
- Prepare outgoing mail each afternoon. Adhere to strict storage guidelines when preparing exam materials for postage in liaison with Examination Officer.
- Maintain stock of stationery cabinet and keep cabinet tidy and stocked at all times.
- Assist at Special Events (may include occasional evenings and weekends, which will be compensated with time off in lieu).
- Ensure work area is kept tidy at all times.
This job may be altered from time to time in line with the developing needs of the College.
Please click here to view full job description
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
Closing Date for completed applications is 12:00pm on Wednesday 1st May 2019