Excellent opportunity for a 3D CAD Technician based in Lisburn
Post & Job Title – 3D CAD Technician
Due to expansion AMCA Structures require a 3D CAD Technician.
CAD technicians are required to use computer software to design plans for Structural buildings.
Previous experience in steel construction would be preferred. 2-3 years’ experience with Tekla software would be advantageous but not essential. Both in-house and external training will be provided to the successful candidate.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop fabrication information early in the design process based upon feedback and coordination with Structural Engineering, Architects and design team members
- Create 3D models utilising 3D Software from design information and construction documents
- Prepare and modify shop drawings including erection, assembly, and part drawings for the purposes of fabrication
- Design review meeting with project managers to review the specification, tender drawings, site surveys and connection calculations.
- Raise RFIs following the review meeting and the initial modelling for any design discrepancies, clashes or missing information to the responsible parties involved and maintain the RFI register.
- Track correspondence with client’s, structural engineer and project managers and file on system.
- Keep track of all the variations and maintain the variation record sheets with supporting evidence and data for the team to access.
- Maintain organised project design folders with all revisions clearly labelled to show the current issues.
- Raise and control document registers. Document control (drawings, calculations, RFI, variation) of a high standard is vital.
- Being able to meet deadlines.
- Having math and IT skills.
- Being able to work alone or with a team.
- Having analytical skills.
- Having good communication abilities.
- Being able to visualize in 3 dimensions
- Being accurate and patient.
- Understanding construction methods.
- Having problem solving abilities.
- Being able to work under pressure.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to forward an up to date CV