Location UK / Belfast
Salary Not disclosed
Updated 5 days ago
Excellent opportunity for a Waterspider based in Belfast
The Global Leader… in automated monitoring, protection and control instrumentation and related solutions in electric generation, transmission and distribution systems by exceeding customer expectations for world class quality, delivery, and product value. Qualitrol was originally founded in 1945 and has been a subsidiary of Fortive Corporation a leading global manufacturer competing effectively through a focused strategy leveraging product value, quality and customer service since 1986. Specialties Supplier of Instruments, Controls and Monitors Utilized in the Electric Utility Transmission and Distribution Industry
1. Material Allocation. The water spider does not do receiving transactions. They take inventory from a receiver and kit the product into Kanban quantities for the cell.
2. Put away at point of use. The water spider puts the inventory away at point of use. They work with the cell associate to determine the right location and presentation of parts.
3. Kanban Card Processing. The cell associate pulls the card and places it at the end of the cell for processing. The water spider processes the card by logging and scanning the card for replenishment.
4. Inventory analysis. Before the card is actually tripped, the water spider determines if the card is being turned in early or late and works with the cell associate to understand why. If the system says inventory is too high, the water spider works with the cell associate to locate stock. If there is a discrepancy, the water spider will work with the Buyers / Inventory Controller and cell associates to resolve inventory accuracy issues and get to root cause.
5. Problem solving. The water spider follows through to completion resolving inventory accuracy issues by initiating requests for inventory adjustments, fabricated work orders (WO) or purchase orders (PO), if necessary, to ensure accuracy and availability of parts.
6. Reviews status of aged inventory with no movement. Identify, investigate and disposition aged non-Kanban.
7.Kitting parts – Kit all non-Kanban assemblies and enter faulty material into the non–conformance database.
Fortive Corporation Overview:
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company, with a $6B portfolio of market-leading brands. We develop and deliver essential technology for the people who create, implement and accelerate progress. And we achieve this through our people. Our globally diverse team of 24,000 employees is united by a common culture rooted in Fortive Business System (FBS). Exceptional people thrive at Fortive because we build extraordinary teams for extraordinary results. We recruit, develop and retain the best talent available. We shape the future. We innovate to fuel our customers’ success, building better businesses and propelling progress. We are driven to do better. We emphasize continuous improvement and nonstop learning. We are team-oriented. We work together, and we win together. We create an environment based on integrity and action, not politics and bureaucracy.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
Closing date Friday 15th February 2019.