The Technician will be encouraged to take ownership of the plant and advise management of system improvements that can be explored to increase operating reliability and efficiency.
Water Treatment Plant Shift Technician
Location: County Antrim
Overview of the role:
The Water Treatment Technician will have primary focus on the site Reverse Osmosis Plant and Waste Water Treatment Plant (Activated Sludge). They will be expected to operate and maintain the system within strict environmental operating parameters, maintaining site records and promptly reporting faults in the process to management to be actioned. The Technician will be encouraged to take ownership of the plant and advise management of system improvements that can be explored to increase operating reliability and efficiency.
The technician will be required to fulfil a shift role on site, covering a Monday to Friday Day shift / Evening Two Shift pattern for 9 months of the year, with a Sunday – Friday 24 hour Three Shift Pattern from September to November. Some weekend work may on occasion be required at weekends to support plant operations / maintenance, this would be classed as overtime.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance, routine servicing and inspection and commissioning to all mechanical plant, electrical equipment and instrumentation within the portfolio
- Issue Permit to Works and Isolation Permits for both site team and sub-contractors
- To safely operate and maintain all utilities under Veolia’s control, ensuring100% service delivery is supplied to the client under contract KPIs
- Must be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of all systems within the building services environment
- Respond to the requests of the operations by carrying out tasks associated with Breakdowns
- A strong understanding of compliance with government legislation
- Provide effective feed back to the Operational/Shift Supervisors to ensure that they are aware of any Facilities/System/Equipment/Site Engineering abnormalities,
- Provide absence and holiday cover within the site team as required
- Follow all Health & Safety and Environmental requirements that are defined on work instructions or communicated in training
- Follow required emergency procedures as documented and to respond accordingly during emergency situations
- Report all accidents, occupational illnesses and emergencies
- To take responsibility for defects and follow up on any repairs
- Host & induct specialist sub-contractors, and ensure they confirm to site requirements
- Formulate and review risk assessments and method statements
- Act as a point of contact for Helpdesk calls
- As directed by the Operational Supervisor, undertake tasks not listed above, but for which you have the skills, knowledge or competency, to perform effectively in a safe manner.
- Trade qualification with a formal qualification (ONC/OND) or above in a related engineering discipline.
- Experience in Water Treatment Plant Operations
- NEBOSH/IOSH desirable
- Possess and demonstrate strong PC Skills
- Experience in Water Treatment Plant Operation
- Knowledge of Health & Safety statutory legislation and requirements there of
- Knowledge of ISO management systems ISO 9001, 14000 and 18001
- Proven ability to fault find and problem solve both electrical and mechanical faults
- Demonstrate an innovative and positive and open approach to problem solving
- Fufill all requirements of service agreements on site(s) and works towards a “first time fix” where appropriate
- Work well with others, helping to generate a positive team atmosphere
- Build effective working relationships
- Take ownership of personal development
- Take responsibility for their own Health & Safety, comply with all relevant regulations