Location UK / Working from Home
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Updated 1 week ago
Full Time Experienced Travel Booking Staff for Outside Office Hours, including overnight About the job
Out of Hours
Are you an experienced Business Travel Consultant looking for full time hours? Would you like to be working from home for Selective Travel Management? If yes, then read on! Selective Travel Management is looking to recruit an experienced Business Travel Consultant to join our out of hour’s team working from home.
You will be part of a team of home-based travel consultants responding to queries from corporate clients & travel agents across the UK & Ireland. You will play a vital role in ensuring we continue to exceed our service level agreements and fulfil our customer requirements by providing the highest level of customer service and best value for money.
Hours of Work
You will be required to work in a rolling shift pattern to meet our client and business needs. The shift pattern will start at 1730 Monday – Friday to midnight and may include some overnight shifts once full induction programme and training has been completed. Weekend shifts will vary between the hours of 0930 to midnight and again may include some overnight shift once full induction programme and training has been completed.
Role of a Business Travel Consultant
• Deal with enquiries from our corporate clients who consist of SME’s, Government bodies and the Higher Education sector across the UK and Ireland & travel agents over the phone and by email
• Using three GDS to make reservations including: flights, hotels, car hire, rail and other business travel needs
• Offering excellent customer service to all our clients
• Process amendments and cancellations as requested by the client in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with the company standards.
• To issue, re-issue and perform re-calculations of international and domestic airfares within the booking conditions.
• Ensure all communication both written and verbal is professional, accurate in accordance with SLA’s.
• Take ownership of customer issues solving problems without hesitation or delay.
• Ensure the highest level of customer service is offered to all our clients at all times
Key Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
• GDS experience essential (preferably Galileo)
• Excellent knowledge of net & published fares
• A strong client focus
• Accuracy and ability to follow complex instructions
• Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
• Well organised and quick to prioritise workload
• Ability to think logically and consider all relevant aspects with strong analytical skills
• Knowledge of booking flights, hotels, rail, car hire and other ancillary items
• Be able to work on your own as well as part of a team.
• Ability to work under pressure and to precise time frames is paramount
Training will be provided and you will have the opportunity to continue your development as you progress in your career.