Terex are expanding and are now recruiting for a Telematics Business Analyst to be based at our Omagh site. This is an exciting new role within the business that will focus on providing data to our growing Telematics team.
Working within the existing MP Telematics and Brand support teams, the Telematics Business Analyst will be responsible for all Business Intelligence reporting for Telematics and IOT data across all of the brands within Terex Materials Processing Division. Key responsibilities will include management and collation of complex data sets, creation and maintenance of Qlikview Business Dashboards and reports to provide instant visibility of key business trends, enabling timely and accurate decision making. Facilitate Analyzing and interpreting machine data across the Terex Materials Processing range of Equipment whilst building systems and processes for more complex predictive analytics in order to provide support to our Dealers, Customers and Internal teams across the various Business lines.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor and Maintain the Telematics system Dashboards ensuring that the data held is up to date and accurate in order to ensure the integrity and effectiveness of the system and the data available from it.
- Development and evolution of additional Telematics dashboards and analytic tools to support Internal and External business entities
- Develop and maintain automated system generated reports for Dealers and Customers, to support the monitoring of Fleet and machine performance in order to maximise asset utilisation and efficiency.
- Analyse machine data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement and provide support to the Engineering and After-Market management teams and other users in the use of the data.
- Ensure current tools and business processes are reviewed, make recommendations for improvement of these, and develop future additional business intelligence tools as required for the MP brands
- Work with cross functional teams to support the implementation and execution of proposed processes/reports. This will include creating appropriate training and support materials for end users, developing business rules & monitoring their effectiveness as well as maintenance of the solution tools
- Actively participate in the Monthly data review, through monitoring and understanding of the fleet data and presenting it in visually affective format via the Qlikview dashboards.
- Stay abreast of new developments in Telematics and Data Analytics.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Educated to Degree Level or related business discipline with minimum 3 years’ experience
- Experience in working with Qlik family of products, for data visualization.
- Needs to be able to demonstrate experience and aptitude in business data capture, analysis and planning
- Knowledge / experience of Fleet Operations and Telematics systems would be an advantage
- Good English communication skill, both written and spoken;
- Good Presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead projects from conception to on time delivery would be a distinct advantage
- Experience of SQL, ETL Process and Oracle Database
- Computer literacy with a working Knowledge of Microsoft office, Word & Excel
- Knowledge / Experience of predictive analytics tools and methods would be an advantage (R programming / random forest methodologies)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-starter with strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills; able to work independently as well as in fast-paced, cross-functional teams. Must have good time and project management skills and attention to detail.
- Able to assess workload and commit to realistic timelines.
- Able to select from multiple design alternatives when a clear best choice is not evident.
- Able to investigate root cause of system data inaccuracy.
- Can identify risks both technical and commercial with proposed product change or new product
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate and influence in both internal and external environments
- Creativity and innovative thinking
The successful candidate will be offered an exciting opportunity within a global engineering organization that can offer excellent long term career prospects plus an attractive salary and benefits package.
To apply for this role please click the link below or visit the following website //terex-uk.jobs/ and select the relevant role from our website. Applicants must complete the relevant application form.
Closing date for applications is Monday 18th February at 9am.
TEREX is an equal opportunity employer and appointments are based on merit. We value diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Terex Corporation is a $4.5 billion, publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. The company is passionate about producing equipment that improves the lives of people around the world. Terex operations are global, yet each office or factory is a close-knit community. Terex provides team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. The company values diversity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage and citizenship. It encourages continuous improvement and offers free courses available through Terex University. Women@Terex provides a supportive network for Terex women in their jobs and careers. It’s an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector. Terex is a place where you can work and grow. Come talk to us!