Job Title: Technical & Policy Accountant
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Salary: £37,450 - £45,771 (candidates will normally start on the first point of the salary scale)
Closing Date: 10am, Monday 25th February 2019
About the Role
As the Technical and Policy Accountant you will ensure the provision of high quality advice, information, analysis and interpretation to senior management to underpin effective decision making and meet statutory and governance requirements in the development of accounting policies.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Play a key role in the preparation of the Annual Statutory Consolidated Accounts, Regulatory Accounts, Financial AIR tables and Whole Government Accounts co-ordinating input from across the Group and Company as required.
- Ensuring the application of up-to-date IFRS compliant accounting policies.
- Act as the first point of contact for the external audit team in their audit and the Company’s actuaries in the provision of actuarial accounting advice.
- Providing advice on the development in NI Water of proper systems of internal financial controls.
- Interaction with external and internal auditors and actioning where appropriate outstanding audit points.
- Review and monthly reconciliation of intercompany balances within the Group.
- Preparation of responses to Assembly Questions and FOI requests of a financial nature.
- Complete quarterly and annual statistical returns to Office of Statistics.
- Development of the Financial & Procurement Delegations to reflect changes in the business and external delegations.
- Continued development of the Guidance on Preparation of non-CWP business cases to meet external and internal reporting and business requirements.
- Playing a key role in the transition of the Regulatory Accounts prepared for the Utility Regulator from old UK GAAP to IFRS.
- Representing the Company at Water UK meetings on accounting policy development and reporting.
- Advising at a senior level on the impact of changes to Financial Accounting Guidance on Group and company budgets, forecasts and reporting.
For further details please see the job description
NI Water is an Equal Opportunities Employer
CV’s will not be accepted